Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

For anyone that has every owner or watched a beagle

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
My family recently acquired a young, very hyper beagle mix as a stray and apparently she's very interested in my boys(the pigs). They have an open-top cage that sits about five feet of the ground. I was wondering if anyone knows how high they can jump.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
(Off topic)

Doc! You haven't been on in FOREVER!!! Well, where I've been at least, I haven't seen you post in a long time! Wb, IF you ever left..

I don't know how high they can jump, but I don't think that they could just 5 feet. Just make sure the puppy dosen't get on a chair that's nearby, that's the only time that I would worry.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
They can jump into the cage. I would recomend you to either build support to lift the cage off the floor or dog proof it. I had a beagle mix twice and they can jump over the baby gate.

~Panda~
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

holli'smommy

Cavy Slave
Beagles are very hyper animals that can jump higher than yuo think. If all else fails just do this: How high do you think they can jump? Add 3 feet to that and that's probably about right! LOL Also have you heard it's howl yet. It's the cutest thing at first, then it can get to bad if they don't stop.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
They can jump into the cage. I would recomend you to either build support to lift the cage off the floor or dog proof it. I had a beagle mix twice and they can jump over the baby gate.
They're already on a three and a half foot high counter and if I make it any higher they'll go through the ceiling. :)

Doc! You haven't been on in FOREVER!!! Well, where I've been at least, I haven't seen you post in a long time! Wb, IF you ever left..

I don't know how high they can jump, but I don't think that they could just 5 feet. Just make sure the puppy dosen't get on a chair that's nearby, that's the only time that I would worry.

Yeah, I know. I got busy over spring break and I guess I got out of the habit of coming here. But I'm back. PAR-TAY!

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Whoohoo! I'll bring the chips and dip... You bring the soda!

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
AngelsCavies said:

OK, thanks everyone for correcting me! I was horribly wrong... ^^;;

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
^Hah, no biggie. She's recently lost interest and now she's too busy with her nose up my labs butt, so I have a feeling we're okay. When they begin to wheek she gets a little curious but what animal wouldn't?

PigsRUs

Cavy Slave
DocDolittle said:
My family recently acquired a young, very hyper beagle mix as a stray and apparently she's very interested in my boys(the pigs). They have an open-top cage that sits about five feet of the ground. I was wondering if anyone knows how high they can jump.

We have six pigs and a beagle. He is more interested in eating their droppings and food remnants than anything else. He is very gentle and if we hold one of the pigs he will give it kisses. I am not really sure how high they jump.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.