Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How Much? Food will two guinea pigs eat

Gohan

Cavy Slave
How much food (pellets and timothy hay) will two guinea pigs eat in a month?

Two pigs get 1/4 cup every day. I weighed 1/4 cup before and it came to around 1 1/4 ounces. You can do the math and give yourself a rough estimate of how long the bag will last. (The weight listed on the bag)

I think last time I checked I went through 15 pounds of hay per month when I only had two pigs. This takes into account that KMS gives me significantly less waste. When I first got them I went through 5 pounds of Oxbow or Kaytee hay per week. There was too many pieces in the bags they just wouldn't eat.

Food

that means that 5 ounces will last 4 days for one guinea pigs, and one pound will last 13 days for one guinea pig. A 5 pound bag of food will approximately last with two guinea pigs for one month!:D

I'm guessing we go through about 10lbs of Oxbow hay in one month. That's giving them an unlimited amount in their hay rack. The pellets are only 1/4 cup per day so the bag we have lasts a few months. They also get about 2 cups of veggies a day (1 cup each).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.