Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Exercise floortime safety

Jaclyn

Cavy Slave
I give my pig daily floor time, but it is TOUGH! I'm at the stage of pregnancy where I just don't move as quickly anymore ;) She is constantly getting into trouble, even with me sitting right with her. The main problem is that she gets under the couches, and one has wires that she goes straight for! I end up having to move about the furniture to get to her and this is not good as my blood pressure is up and I am currently at rick for preterm labour if it continues to go up. Plus I don't want to have a stroke from all this furniture moving! So, how do you guys keep your pigs from getting under the couches? I have used cushions and blankets and yet she still gets past them...and QUICK!! Any brilliant ideas would be much appreciated.

P.S. I should add that she LOVES floor time and popcorns around and squeals all over the place, so I do NOT want to find myself restricting this fun time because of a silly couch issue! Did I mention that I love my pig!? She is so wonderful.

I use a long line grids, connected by cable ties with one opened end that I attach with the black connectors so when I put it away I can remove them and fold it up accordion style. There are also playpens that are the same idea. You could use one or two of these to block the couches so she can't get under it, or just use it as a playpen.

Thanks. Anyone else have any ideas about how to keep her from getting under the couch? Will she get too big to do this soon? It's got about two inches clearance from the floor

Carboard works for me! I'd get the boxes for ¢50 at Walmart, cut them up, duck tape them together so that it forms a box around the couch's perimeter :).

Carboard works for me! I'd get the boxes for ¢50 at Walmart, cut them up, duck tape them together so that it forms a box around the couch's perimeter :).

That's a good idea. It would probably also work with cardboard boxes from cereal if you had a bunch of them. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.