Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Exercise Floor time

schavarry

Cavy Slave
So this is Cinnamon's idea of floor time...

[GuineaPigCages.com] Floor time

I had to pry her out of her snuggle sack so I could dump out the little poops and as soon as she hit the floor she ran into her pigloo and didn't come out! I waited for her to move for half an hour, even tried to entice her with fresh hay and a carrot - no dice! I had to grab her out of the pigloo to get her back into the cage because she wouldn't come out... Should I just do lap time with her instead of floor time because she seems to dislike it so much?! She gets more exercise when she's in her cage, she runs around and popcorns, she seems so much happier in there! I actually have to catch her in her snuggle sack just to get her out!! What do I do? :eye-poppi

Many pigs won't move on hard flooring. You might have better results if you put down towels or a blanket. Don't give her the pigloo, either. You can sit on the floor close to her and read, or do homework, or whatever! You might also make some piles of some greens.

My old pig was afraid to walk on hard floors. He would only walk around on blankets or carpet. Maybe try that unless you already have. Some pigs hate floor time and will never move. Others (like my own) run around like maniacs.

edit: Sorry, I must have been typing right when foggy posted!

I was thinking about that after I posted, her brother was having a hard time on the lamant floor too, I might put an extra cage liner or a towel on the floor next time...

Lol! Oh gosh, she is such a funny piggie!

Lol! Oh gosh, she is such a funny piggie!

She is a silly little pig! Her brother used to hate me and she used to be all cuddles and love but she still freaks out if she's not in sight of her cage or her brother (as long as she's in the cage she's fine if he's gone). Once her brother got sick I had to take care of him more and she kinda got neglected a little bit because her brother needed so much attention and now she acts like I'm going to cook her any time I come near her cage - unless she's in her snuggle sack, then she could care less as long as I don't pick her up!! :p Silly girl!

She is a silly little pig! Her brother used to hate me and she used to be all cuddles and love but she still freaks out if she's not in sight of her cage or her brother (as long as she's in the cage she's fine if he's gone). Once her brother got sick I had to take care of him more and she kinda got neglected a little bit because her brother needed so much attention and now she acts like I'm going to cook her any time I come near her cage - unless she's in her snuggle sack, then she could care less as long as I don't pick her up!! :p Silly girl!

Hahaha! Wow! She sounds so funny! I miss my girls, a lady came and picked em up yesterday, she's fostering them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.