Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Floor time issues

Squint96

Cavy Slave
I am curious how other members here do floor time. At my house it is a problem- I can't just let them play on my carpet because they will pee, but if I put down a sheet or fleece there is no way for me to wash it because the washer is a pig free zone...I'm kind of stuck. Any ideas?

I use news paper or shower curtain liner. Can also use those plastic sheets for painting.

During the spring/summer you could probably rinse your floortime sheet in a bucket (or tub) then line dry it. We have a blanket we use for floortime and I'll spot wipe it with vinegar and give it a shake outside. Eventually it does get a full wash. I don't see the point in doing a full wash on it if they've only used it for a few hours. Their cage fleece gets washed once per week. Otherwise I agree that laying a shower curtain liner or a vinyl tablecloth is a good bet.

Just to be clear - it is a designated floor time piggy blanket! If I planned to use it for anything else it would absolutely get a full wash first!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.