Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Floor time has caused a bonding breakthrough!

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
So today, I was given two huge pieces of fleece from my aunt. I took the opportunity to provide my girls' first real floor time by placing them in the hallway. (I'm sorry I didn't do it earlier, but my current priorities were getting quality food and a large cage.) I had let them run around a bit in the same area before, but they didn't seem to do much other than hide.

They were scared and skittish at first, but soon started to explore and find the vegetables I'd hidden around the area. Soon enough, Hershey started popcorning and even Scarlet made happy exploring noises. They had a good time running around, stretching their legs, and socializing with their humans. After an hour, they started getting tired and just laying down, so I put them back in the cage for the night.

A few minutes ago, I walked over to the cage to check if they needed more hay yet. Hershey was busy walking about the cage... And amazingly enough, she didn't run for cover when I arrived! She even allowed me to pat her on the head, and didn't seem afraid at all!!!!!!

I am am definitely keeping up a regular floor time routine from now on. Besides allowing them to have exercise, I am convinced it helped me bond with my baby.

That is wonderful! The feeling is amazing when you first realize that your piggy or piggies are finally warming up to you! :)

What a fantastic feeling! You are lucky that it happened so quickly. I've had the same experiance from Ida today. She has been apsolutely terrified of everything, but today she actually didn't run away and she let me touch her breifly before scuttling off. The second time I tried, she let me touch her for longer. So I call today a breakthrough :)

Thats what I did. I gave them my room and two of them loved it but the baby wanted me so I gave her separate playtime with me. Anyway they were running and popcorning and making noises. Even my shy girl Emmy loved it. Definitely keeping it up

Is there any way to upload videos from my iPhone camera roll, or do I have to do it via YouTube? I let them play in the hallway and caught some happy popcorns on video and wanted to share :D

Last edited:
Nice popcorns! That piggie is happy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.