Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Floor time enclosure?

lillypearlandme

Cavy Slave
Hi all :)
I want to make a floor time enclosure so I can have some fun with my pigs :)
It has to be easy to clean and space saveable :)
Considering that bathtub or shower? Our shower is one with a secure door so its fine. I used it to introduce my pigs.

why don't you try using grids? I do that. Just zip tie together grids to make a big enclosure and leave one part untied. Just don't zip tie it as tightly as you would a cage, leave it loose enough you can bend the grids back and forth but not spaced enough that the pigs can squeeze heads through. Then you just don't zip the first grid to the last one and you can form it into any shape you want, a large circle, an octagonal shape, a square, whatever. When it's time to be done just fold it all up and store it somewhere. That could work.

I have tried looking for grids, but it seems there are none up in Qld.

Qld, as in Queensland? Hmmmm. I think I know someone in Australia, I'll email her and ask her what she uses for her pigs for floor time and reply again tomorrow.

You can buy them at Bunnings - they are in the storage isle. I think they are called all set storage c
ubes.

Most Bunnings have the grids (certainly in Brisbane they do). Many Crazy Clark's have pet enclosures (I think they're six panels and made of black wire), otherwise you can order something like this Online Pet Enclosure - 8 Panels Discounts | Pet Enclosure - 8 Panels | Online @ Deals Direct.com.au as well (Deals Direct occasionally have specials where cheap or free postage is offered so it's worth keeping an eye on the site for that). Otherwise, you can look at eBay for pet supply stores, many Australian suppliers sell pens too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.