Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Floor Protection

arionat799

Cavy Slave
What should I use for floor time? I plan to make a zip-tied enclosure out of grids that will be ~the same size as the rug in my livimg room, which is on top of hardwood floors. Itd have to be big enough to cover an area rug, and remember, floor time is daily, so I wouldnt be able.to use it twice in a row.

Thanks in advance! Any help is appreciated :)

I use a shower curtain and an old sheet ontop.

Don't you have to wash the sheet if it gets peed on though? And if floortime is every night, how do you get it washed every single night? However, thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely use the shower curtain idea, and I have a sheet I could use too. :)

I use puppy pads, Yes, ypou might have to use 8-20 of them but, when you take the fleece off, usually not all of them are peed on, so you can just fold the ones that arent and use them next time, most pigs , while in playtime if the area is too big they will only use the half the area, x

I use trash bags on the floor with towels or a sheet on top. And I do have to do guinea pig laundry every other day but they are totally worth it. I wipe the trash bags off with a drop of dish soap on a cloth and dry them with a towel. When my girls are having floor or couch time, their favorite place to pee is on me, so I wash off quite easier than towels :)

Maybe I'll put a sheet on top of a shower curtain down, then put her litter box in too? Ginger's pretty good about using her litter box, but I'm afraid she'd stay in there the whole time.

I use a vinyl table cloth, and then I place two layers of sheets with fleece on top and grids connected around. I don't do floor time everyday though, so I only wash the sheets when they need to be washed. I also need to buy more grids because right now I don't have very many.

I plan to give it to her everyday though, as her cage is only a 2x3.

I've been wondering about floor protection too! :) I would like to have a guinea pig proofed room for floor time, but the floor of the room that's best is carpet. should I try and do the shower curtain idea, except with 2-3, or try something else, such as a solvent for accidents?

How big should the floor time area be?

I just bought a few shower curtains for like $2.40 each at walmart and it seems to be working good so far!

I use a really big kids' swimming pool that I line with newspaper. I change out the paper as soon as it gets wet since I don't want any bumble foot or piggies sitting in pee. Then I hose the whole thing out between floor time sessions.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.