Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding Fleece

abyssinianpiggy

Cavy Slave
When I saw the photos, I saw that most cages have this
Mattress thing. I think it's called fleece. I've never
heard of it before. My guinea pigs currently use
Woodchip bedding. Is fleece easy to clean? How do
you clean it? Is it expensive? How much?

Oh My! I love fleece.
I use bath towels that no longer fit my house decor for the bottom layer. I cover the towels with a fleece liner/top. Fleece is easy to find. WalMart sells it about 4 bucks per yard. My girls love the change. I first started with paper and wood shavings. One girl started to get bumblefoot and that made me afraid.

Now when they see me getting the cleaning stuff they both wheek and popcorn. I think my girls like a tidy house. : )

I have just started my guys on fleece and I don't think I'll ever go back to shavings! They LOVE it, plus no shavings mess to clean up and dispose of.

They just look SO happy on the fleece!

The first time I changed the fleece, I was horrified. It was a mess, and I thought it would never get clean. Boy, was I wrong! It washes up so nice! It's really easy to sweep up the poops every day, and for my size cage, I'd spend a fortune in carefresh or wood chips. Fleece is definitely the way to go. I will say, though, that a kitchen is a must. I have 1 cage with and 1 cage without a kitchen, and the cage with a kitchen (where they eat pellets, hay, and have their water) stays much cleaner longer. It seems all the pigs eat, drink, poop, and pee in the kitchen, so that part is carefresh over pads.

Kitchen does not work for ours, they mostly do there business where they sleep :(. I wish they did it in the kitchen but no such luck. @(broken link removed) you can learn about fleece for bedding here https://www.guineapigcages.com/threads/21568/ it is a little expensive at first but with in a couple months it pays for itself.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.