Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hiding Fleece Troubles!

millsma

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Ugh, these piggies are driving me CRAZY today! If they weren't so cute, they'd be in huge trouble. Hehe. :)

My fleece doesn't reach all the way across their cage (2x6), so I layer two pieces, to reach all the way across. These little goobers figured out how to get underneath the fleece, and crawl around on the plastic- peeing and pooing everywhere, in the process.

So after cleaning up THAT mess, I tried again. This time I put some of their heavier cage toys right on the seam, so they can't get their nose under the seam. They moved the toys and did the same exact thing!

Finally, I had no choice but to buy some new fleece that reaches all the way across the cage. Darn pigs.

yep I had the sam problem when I tried putting the fleece up the sides on one of my cages, pegged all the way around but they kept working at it until they made a hole, then they'd poop all under the fleece and get them selves trapped under there, it drove me nuts, now I just tuck it unders the pads underneath and their fine. naughty little piggies

In my loft it's not uncommon for me to find a big lump where Simba likes to pretend to be a meerkat in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.