Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece still not wicking

vivian5

Cavy Gazer
Hi Guinea Pig Community!

I recently bought anti-pill plush fleece fabrics from Joanns. I put the fleece into the washer three times without detergent on hot water but the fleece is still not wicking. Is the fleece not wicking because I did not use detergent?

What advice do you have? Any recommendations for unscented detergents?

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
Use dawn dish soap, vinegar, and a 'free n clear' type of detergent. Gets my new fleece to wick on the first wash. Idk measurements tho...I always eyeball it.

SSLee

Cavy Slave
I watch The Pig Room channel on YouTube and there is a video on wicking fleece using the same three items that @4boipigs mentioned above. Austin, creator of The Pig Room, shows the amount of each item to use and he also said it always works on the first try. I am now addicted to his channel!

I used the "free n clear" detergent and vinegar on my fleeces but washed 2-3 times. Going forward, I will also add Dawn to my new fleece washing. Good luck!

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I watch The Pig Room channel on YouTube and there is a video on wicking fleece using the same three items that @4boipigs mentioned above. Austin, creator of The Pig Room, shows the amount of each item to use and he also said it always works on the first try. I am now addicted to his channel!

I used the "free n clear" detergent and vinegar on my fleeces but washed 2-3 times. Going forward, I will also add Dawn to my new fleece washing. Good luck!

That may be where I learned it. I saw it on youtube when I was having trouble in 2020 with my first fleece. I swear by it! Doesn't even have to be real Dawn. I used a generic brand.