Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece Smelling bad after being washed! Help!?

KristenMatejka

Cavy Slave
I just switched to fleece about 2-3 weeks ago....Well I just washed the fleece tonight and after I got it out of the washer it still smelled bad. I have used vinegar already...not sure what else to do...Any help would be appreciated!

You left the fleece unwashed for 3 weeks? Have you try to soak in vinegar overnight? Also try borax.

No no no! Sorry for not specifiying! i wash it once a week and spot clean twice a day! I also use potty pads which I switch every 2 days! I don't have enough vinegar to soak it in every time I wash both liners....I could look into borax.

I meant pour some vinegar into a tub of water and soak overnight. A cup or two will be enough.

I usually soak my fleece in the top load washer overnight. I use two cups of vinegar and a cup of borax for the soak. Wash with regular detergent and add another cup of vinegar.

Last edited:
Right now I only have two liners for my two cages so soaking them overnight unfortunately won't be an option until I buy more fleece...I'm hoping in about two weeks I will have the extra money to do so. I will looking into getting some borax though and try adding that to the washer. I also have to use the laundromat for my apartment complex.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.