Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Fleece Robe can turn into no sew liner, 2 cuddle bags, forrest, and hay bag! NO SEW!!

charliespet

Cavy Slave
A great buy is a fleece robe! I got mine at Goodwill for under $5! This works for a 2x3 grid c and c cage, for a larger liner, you would need two robes, however, you could use the fleece for lots of other projects even if you already have a liner. :)

Okay, so here is some photos of the hay bag, the cuddle bags, and the easy wash fleece forrest idea I have.

For the cuddle sleepers, simply cut off the sleeves, and tie strips at the end. If you prefer the tucked in look, tie the strips while the sleeve is inside out.

The rope fleece forrest is so easy to untie and throw in the wash. Braid long strips of fleece, then use the hole and tuck method I show below to attatch the fleece strips to the rope. You can make a full circle, or as many ropes as you need to make your forrest. Also, you can weave a fleece grid, and allow the strips the hang from it for a thick forrest :) [GuineaPigCages.com] Fleece Robe can turn into no sew liner, 2 cuddle bags, forrest, and hay bag! NO SEW!![GuineaPigCages.com] Fleece Robe can turn into no sew liner, 2 cuddle bags, forrest, and hay bag! NO SEW!![GuineaPigCages.com] Fleece Robe can turn into no sew liner, 2 cuddle bags, forrest, and hay bag! NO SEW!![GuineaPigCages.com] Fleece Robe can turn into no sew liner, 2 cuddle bags, forrest, and hay bag! NO SEW!![GuineaPigCages.com] Fleece Robe can turn into no sew liner, 2 cuddle bags, forrest, and hay bag! NO SEW!!

For the hay bag, cut two regtangles, then a shape in the center of one side. (I chose a heart :) ) and then tie all 3 edges together. You can use the inside out method for "clean" seams, or the outside tie for a fun look. I used both methods to get my hay bag right.
[GuineaPigCages.com] Fleece Robe can turn into no sew liner, 2 cuddle bags, forrest, and hay bag! NO SEW!![GuineaPigCages.com] Fleece Robe can turn into no sew liner, 2 cuddle bags, forrest, and hay bag! NO SEW!![GuineaPigCages.com] Fleece Robe can turn into no sew liner, 2 cuddle bags, forrest, and hay bag! NO SEW!![GuineaPigCages.com] Fleece Robe can turn into no sew liner, 2 cuddle bags, forrest, and hay bag! NO SEW!![GuineaPigCages.com] Fleece Robe can turn into no sew liner, 2 cuddle bags, forrest, and hay bag! NO SEW!!

Neat idea!
I've also seen people make no-sew fleece tunnels out of childrens fleece pj pants. You fold one leg inside out and tuck it inside the other leg. Then roll each end up, and there you go!

Charliespet.........love your creativity! :eye-poppi I'm not sure that I would have the patience to make things by hand.
Thanks! And honestly, this took me all of 25 minutes! I do a lot of crafting, but the hay rack and snuggle blankets literally take about 5 minutes a piece, the liner as well. I love simple projects! I think I'm going to find some more robes and make extras with matching stuff. Next I'm going to try to make no sew tents and see if I can figure a way to make a complete fleece insert with no sewing (like a uhaul blanket attached to a fleece with elastic.) I've been wanting to switch back to fleece for so long.

Very awesome ideas. I think I'm gonna try out that hay bag ;)

omg that is sooooooooo cool.... thank's for the ideas:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.