Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece on Sale

• Thread starter HighAltitudePig
  • Start date

HighAltitudePig

Cavy Slave
There will be a sale on the patterned fleece at Joann's on June 16th and 17th. It will be $2.99 a yard (regular price is $9.99)! That is 70% off! I might just have to get me some more bedding, I am obsessed with fleece.

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the tip!!!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I am obsessed with fleece.
You will fit in well with most of us fleece users then. I am obsessed with fleece too. That's probably why I have a 8-9 fleece blankets and a whole assortment of other fleece that I have bought off the bolt that I use with my girls.

chisky
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
You beat me to it HAP. I was going to post about the same sale.

kittnkarr

Cavy Slave
I will have to see if there is a Joanne Fabrics near the hotel I am staying at that weekend. I am going to WI for a wedding.

Thanks for the tip.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Well I think they should start the sale on the 14th because that's when I will be in Little Rock near a Jo-Ann's. Won't be able to get down there on the 16th-17th. That sucks!

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much. I am in need of more fleece.

chisky
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Wow I will mark my calendar. Thanks

kznchik

Cavy Slave
Just posting to remind everyone that the fleece sale at Joanne's starts tomorrow!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
I have it written down!! My PELL check better be in the mail. I want to take $50 of it for JoAnn's.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Fleece blankets are also on sale at Walmart (Canada) right now. $5 for a blanket that fits a 2X4 perfect. It's good quality that wicks away the moisture well. Not like the horrible (but oh so cute) stuff I bought a Fabric Fabric!

C&K

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the tip Sabriel!

Fabric land has fleece on from $5.00 a meter right now, but that just isn't a really great deal! I really do need new blankets, I don't like shopping at Walmart, but if it is a loss leader anyway, then I suppose I will make an exception!

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I try not to shop at Walmart too much either. I just go in, get what I need and leave.

Not much of a choice when I go with my husband really. The one at Dufferin Mall has this funky smell that gives my husband the worst headache ever. We can never stay in there very long without him falling ill.

I think it stems from the nasty black mold looking stuff around the fans on the top floor. He doesn't feel so ill on the bottom floor.

Unfortunatly we have no craft stores left in this part of Toronto. Lewiscraft went under and nothing has taken it's place yet. So I scrounge what I can between Walmart, Fabricland, the Dollar store and the ma and pa sewing shops. There are knitting shops too, but I don't knit so it doesn't do me much good. If Zellers had a better crafting section I'd go there, but they have no cross stitch or embrodiery supplies, and very little in the way of general supplies. They seem to focus on knitting.

Gee, I figured moving would Toronto would give me more choices, not less. Don't people make things up here!?

janetangel

Cavy Slave
Cool thank you for the tip. I have been using old blankets from when my 2 boys were babies (human) and flannel sheets and pillow cases, along with old crib sheets. I change it 2x a week and the piggies have not complained. I will go to the site and start ordering.

C&K

Cavy Slave
Gee, I figured moving would Toronto would give me more choices, not less. Don't people make things up here!?

**snort** Heavens No! Average Torontonian adults are too busy working 50 hour weeks as DINKS (Double Income No kids) and any free time they muster up is spent drinking alcoholic beverages on the patios of trendy restaurants!

Thanks for the tip[ on the blankets, we went last night, all I could find at first where very pale yellow ones, I liked the colour but it would be worse then putting them on white (at least you could bleach that!) They had other blankets that where $7.88 but they where not on sale. Then I found another pile of blankets that where $8.88 regularly, and they where on for $5.00! I got a nice thick deep purple one!

They also had fleece by the meter, the cheepest was $6.00 the rest around $10.00 but I am cheap!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
any free time they muster up is spent drinking alcoholic beverages on the patios of trendy restaurants!

Sounds good to me!! LOL I am waiting for my granddaughter to get here and then we will hit JoAnn. I hope there is more than 1 color. I am also buying some material to make scrub caps for the guys in my class. The pattern for women's scrub caps looks like a shower cap. someone told me that the style I am looking for can be found at Wal-Mart. I will look but my mind is saying, "Why would Wal-Mart have some different pattern than JoAnn. I mean Butterick, McCall's, and Simplicity are all the same books?" Maybe they have a different company.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Crap now I have to go shopping today too. Thanks for the sale info.
Ohh Judy now I want to make a scrub cap. It will probably come out with an armhole though, as poorly as I sew. Hehe.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.