Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Liners Fleece Liners

piggies0117

Cavy Slave
Hey guys, so a couple months I switched to Aspen Bedding because my pigs kept digging the loose fleece and I think they were even a little cold... Well, its a LOT warmer now (yes they are indoors but on an exterior wall) so I was thinking of switching back to fleece, and making liners. What should I sew into them, is it the same washing method as regular fleece? Who has success with fleece liners? thanks!

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
The fleece liners I've sewed for myself are reversible with fleece on both sides and one layer of UHaul furniture pad in the middle. I've heard of a lot of people doing it this way. I've also heard of people sewing one layer of fleece to a mattress pad.

The washing is the same, but I dry mine for longer because I think it takes a little longer for all the layers to dry completely.

pawner69

Cavy Slave
When I made my liners I just used 2 pieces of fleece and then put the uhaul liners under it. It seems to help with drying because they were not so thick that it seemed to dry quicker. I now have made myself flippers which are amazing!!! They are so much easier to handle because of being smaller, I can vacuum them without sucking up the fleece, and they also wash and dry much quicker than the big liners.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.