Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece horror

ohiocountrygirl06

Cavy Slave
Hubby and I tried the fleece thing and found out our two piggies like to peal the sides back to either hide or poop under. I use shavings and I hate the mess that it creates. How on earth can I keep the piggies from picking at the fleece so it'll stay in place?

put some extra fleece or a towel on top for them to dig under ^^

I've tried that and it doesn't help.

I had the same problem when I switched back to fleece. I use binder clips (and lots of them) to keep the fleece in one place. I also know some people use bricks (or other heavy objects) placed in each corner to hold it down. Good luck!

If you sew, you could make a liner that wraps around the coroplast walls.

Mine started doing that, and I started using binder clips and it worked!

I fold the fleece under the blanket/towels and use bricks in the corners. I had one pair that had to have binder clips literally all the way around the cage AND bricks. Some pigs are more persistent diggers than others!

If you sew, you could make a liner that wraps around the coroplast walls.

My fleece goes up and over the coroplast-you can see it from the outside of the cage. I've never had a problem. Some people say when they tried it, their pigs started chewing through the fleece to get under it, and if that happens, I think you are out of options.

I bought cobblestones that I place in the corners of the one cage that has a digger. The stones are smooth with rounded edges and are pretty flat so the pigs can't get hurt on them if they run near them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.