Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing Fleece Forest

kp53179

Cavy Slave
For people who use the fleece forest, do your guinea pigs try to chew/eat the fleece? I want to make one but my two like to nibble or literally chew things apart. I also wanted to make like a "door" with fleece hanging down each side of a grid so they have a hide out. Anyways, just wanted to get peoples experiences with it and what you do if they do end up chewing it! Thanks guys :)

I have different kinds of fleece hideys, including a fleece forest, and my pigs chew them when they're discovering what it is for the first time. They don't rip off any pieces or eat anything from it, but it looks like they're trying to pull fibers off. After they have determined they were safe and not edible, they stopped doing that.

I have two fleece forrests and neither of my piggies chew on them. I also add a small fleece blanket in each of them for the piggy to snuggle in and they seem to love that.

Thanks guys! My two love to nibble on everything. I have noticed though that they ignore certain things after awhile so thats good!

I just made a fleece forest for my munchkins, and at first Todd nibbled on it a lot, but then he stopped and now they play in it :0)

Mine LOVE their fleece forest!!! It is probably the best addition to the cage. I haven't noticed any chewing on the fleece, however they love chewing on the coroplast :eek:hmy:

Thanks guys! I am thinking of adding it! With all the idea I have I need a whole room for them! LOL They are so spoiled :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.