Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece Flippers?

craftEcowgirl

Cavy Slave
So, for those who use the Fleece Flippers from the GPMarket. How do you like them. I have tried regular fleece with Uhaul in between and it got quite gunky after just a few days and went to pine. Pigs are in basement and would like to not to have to clean off fleece outdoors before washing them.

I really want to use fleece and like how one can flip them using the fleece flippers.

I run a rescue and have a large cage for females 24"x8'. And just ordered a 2x6 grid candc cage for males.

jellyburp

Cavy Slave
Hi. I have two adult boars. They live in a 2X4 cage with a 2X2 loft. I have fleece flippers currently. I used to use Kaytee bedding, and it worked fairly well however I liked the look of fleece. Therefore i purchased the flippers. I love them and so do the pigs. I remember when I first put them in they were pop-corning all day. Every day I use a brush and dustpan to sweep up any hay or poo. Every Wednesday I flip them and I wash them on Sundays, in fact they are being washed right now. They do not smell as long as you wash them at least once a week and spot clean. Keep in mind the 2 flippers under the loft I wash only every other week because the pigs very rarely use them. I have also tried fleece in the past and the pee would soak right through, it was gross. Overall I love my flippers and I highly recommend them :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.