Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Fleece and Separated Pigs

AliciaS

Cavy Slave
Well, on a happy note, I'm giving fleece a try for the first time. I've had horrible allergy problems since I got the pigs, and I've noticed that things get incredibly worse when I clean their cage, so I've decided to nix the bedding for now. One upside to the fleece is that it is so much more asthetically pleasing. I've only had it in for one day, but so far so good.

On a kinda bummer note, some of you might remember that I was having problems with two of my boars fighting. They are both going through puberty right now. Anyway, it looks like, at least for now, Bugsy and Sweetie Pig are going to have to stay separated. I've tried several times to reintroduce them to one another, and it's just a no go. As soon as Sweetie Pig gets anywhere near the other pigs, he instantly gets defensive and tries to bully the other pigs.

With all of that being said, I'll be placing an order on Friday for another C&C cage for Sweetie Pig. I'm going to stack it on top of the other pigs cage so that he can at least communicate with Bugsy and Elvis.

Don't let it get you down. A lot of pigs don't get along.

Just be thankful that nothing worse has happened than your Piggers being bullied-- I adopted out one of my foster Piggies, Lila, to an owner who already had a Pig. She introduced, and that ended up with the other Pig getting a good portion of it's nose bit pretty badly-- but I still understand how you must feel.

You just never know. Your Pigs will be happy on their own I am sure, because the fact that you are ordering another cage and you tried and tried to reintroduce them, you must be a great owner.

;)

I guess my main worry is that Sweetie Pig won't have a cage mate. Since the beginning of my research into these little guys, one of the most important things I've come across is the need for a friend. I know Sweetie Pig will still be able to hear the other pigs, but I worry that won't be enough to keep him from being lonely.

The worst part for me is that when I did try to reintroduce the pigs, Sweetie would popcorn all over the place, go try to take a piece out of Bugsy, then go directly back to popcorning. Crazy pig! Bugsy and Elvis get along fine, but Elvis is stilly really little. He was born in May, so he's right around 2 months old. I just hope I don't have this happen again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.