Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece and Cloth Diapers as liners

ehvizdos

Cavy Slave
I'm very new to this myself and do love the idea of using fleece in my C&C. Listening to everyone talk about different items to use as the asorbent liners, I'm wondering if you couldn't also use diapers? I understand that they are smaller and would need to be sewn to the fleece or in a fleece pocket, but wouldn't that be a thinner 3 layers to sew through?

Perhaps you would have to stich a design throughout the whole 2x4 fleece liner to keep the diapers in place, but that would also add to the look of the liner.

I'm on a 3-day old piggy owner, so I'm running out to Joanne's tonight to get fleece and I'm going to experiment. I would rather have some sort of absorbent material sewn to my fleece for easier clean up, but I'm will to also try the fleece over towel idea also.

Anyone have any comments or ideas on this, I'm more than happy to hear em. Thanks:)

I don't know if cloth diapers have changed much since I had my kids but there was an absorbent strip of fabric that ran down the middle of the diapers so the middle part was more absorbent than the two sides. I don't know if that would make much difference in the total absorbency. I prefer uhaul padding because it's cheap ($7.99 for about a 68 x 82 piece) and it's thin and easy to wash and dry.

I second Pinky's suggestion. I love using the u-haul padding.

Unfortunately I have no experiece with cloth diapers, so I can't offer an opinion there.

I looked at a lot of cloth diaper sites when contemplating my pig cage. I ended up just going with u-haul pads because they're so absorbant and so inexpensive, yet thin. Maybe people should be sewing that in their cloth diapers :D

I looked at a lot of cloth diaper sites when contemplating my pig cage. I ended up just going with u-haul pads because they're so absorbant and so inexpensive, yet thin. Maybe people should be sewing that in their cloth diapers :D

Uhaul pads are 100% recycled cotton. Any cotton would be absorbent but the thickness of the pads is what makes it so absorbent.

I cloth diapered, but since they are $30 a diaper I choose to save them in case we have another baby. LOL! I have heard great things about u-haul pads. :) Going to get some myself to use under my fleece. :)

(Edited for a typo.)

Are the Uhaul pads easy enough to wash by hand? I have a shop sink I can use, so if it isn't too hard I would love to use them.

Thank you to everyone. I wasn't even thinking about how the middle part of the diaper is the most absorbent. I think I'll make a trip to U-Haul to pick up a couple pads. I picked up a bunch of fleece and am in the process of washing them. I did two runs last night while we had floor time watchin the Pens play. I also threw them in again this morning for a third while at work and then we'll get our last one in tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to make my first liner this evening and get our new set up running.

I use cloth diapers under my fleece. I have a layers of towels then I have the diapers folded into a triangle and put them in the corners where they mostly pee. Then I have a diaper ontop of the towel under where they sleep

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.