Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Fixed schedule for guinea pigs?

MikkiBee

Cavy Slave
I read somewhere that guinea pigs will get used to one thing happening at a certain time, so does that mean I have to have a fixed schedule for my guinea pigs like when I feed them, and when I play with them? And if so, how do I do that, because right now Im on summer vacation and I have more time at home, but when I start school in August I have to leave really early and I wont get back home until around 5 pm... any advice?:confused:
P.S. I dont have guinea pigs yet but im hoping to get them by the end of july

I work retail so I do not have the ability to have a very strict schedual. But I do have a loose one. I think having a certain order can help you keep up with everything but I dont think a rigid schedual is needed nor that great. The only thing that i keep fairly regular is veggies at night. But that varries between 8pm and 11pm, depending on when I work. Lap time usually follows veggies, pellets follow lap time and hay refill before bed but I dont make a point to keep it that way. Sometimes I refill hay in the mornings or give them pellets before veggies. If i dont work I hold them at random during the day. I let them dictate when I do things.

my piggues dont have a set time for EVERYTHING but they get theyre veggies when i go to bed(roughly the same time each night) and they come out when i get back from college(roughly the same time each night) and they squeak and get excited at each of them times, your piggies will get used to times you roughly do things and become to expect it but you dont have to stick to a time:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.