Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet First visit a success!

Wolfess221

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, just wanted to update you on my girls. I took them to our small animal vet for their first general check-up and for a nail trim and all is well. The vet said they're both healthy, no bugs (just a bit of dandruff) and their teeth look good. They didn't like getting their nails trimmed but it needed to be done (poor things had their toes splayed due to neglect). I was even told that they might be younger than 3 (the SPCA told me so)! So I can now look forward to a long time with my piggies :)

That's great! There isn't any way to know for sure how old they are (unless you know when they were born, obviously) so I wouldn't count on them being less than 3, but that's not considered old anyway.

They act young, so that's how I'm going to age them :)

That's good news, I'm glad they are healthy!

I'm taking my girls in today. They were rehomed a month ago and the previous owner never took them to a Dr.. Supposedly they are 8 months now. We are having a wellness checkup. What to expect? They will have their nails clipped, be properly sexed and a better hair cut than I did.

That is great news.

Roger

I'm taking my girls in today. They were rehomed a month ago and the previous owner never took them to a Dr.. Supposedly they are 8 months now. We are having a wellness checkup. What to expect? They will have their nails clipped, be properly sexed and a better hair cut than I did.

The girls are well and healthy.!! Dr. recommended that the matted hair on their butt be shaved by a groomer as they don't do that service. I went to a local rescue who sent me to another vet/groomer. 30.00 and 5 mins later the girlz have clean butts!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.