Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy First Trip to the Vet

Ithilgil

Cavy Slave
My girls have been sneezing, though infrequently, for the past two weeks. I got worried that it may be a sign of URI so I decided to bring them to a vet. (They really didn't enjoy the experience. But who likes going to the doctor's anyways? :p Not me.)

I'm happy to say that my girls are healthy. lol The vet suggested that their sneezing may have been the result of the small particles in the air. I'm planning on buying an air purifier, but it's too expensive. So, I'm currently saving up money.

But that single trip to the vets costed me almost $200. :(

On another note, I was delighted to hear that I've been taking good care of my girls. The vet, who was giving them a pedicure, said that their nails looked really good and that most guinea pigs that see have really long nails.

I'm really happy about that because they're my first cavies and I've only gotten them for a month. :love:

So happy you got a great report on your girls! I know the $$ is painful, but I know firsthand that treating a problem is even more expensive. Good for you to take them in not too long after noticing the symptoms, too. The vet told us that if Borat's problem had been caught six months earlier (sadly, before we owned him), it might have been manageable. You're a caring, responsible pet owner and your girls are lucky to have such good care.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.