Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

First time pig owner

unaspirateur

Cavy Slave
My friend's little brother had had hampsters, so when they passed a few years back, he decided to get a guinea pig. Turns out, he's allergic. So his mom has been taking care of her- feeding her, changing her bedding and water, giving her fresh veggies, but hasn't really been able to give her a whole lot of the attention she needs. Whenever I would stay at the house, I stayed in the guest room where they kept her and would take over the feeding and care and what not because she's just so adorable (and vocal when she wants food. she's determined when she wants something!)
So when my boyfriend and I got an apartment together, she said, if we'd like, we could have the guinea pig. So hopefully we are getting her today (feb 11).
She's a few years old and kind of under-socialized when it comes to people, but I hope to work on that just by playing with her daily, letting her run around my bathroom when i get home and hang out with her outside her cage a bit. And from what I've read, maybe I'll get her a new friend! (We'll see after the initial test run)

Hey, me too. ^___^

Congrats sounds like an awesome idea too me. Get her a new cage and or toys and all the attention and a friend will probably change her behavior give it time and be patient

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.