Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

First time outside today!

AliciaS

Cavy Slave
I took the boys outside today for the very first time since I've owned them (or them owning me is more accurate) :p! My children have been asking for a couple of weeks for me to set up the outdoor play area and let the pigs see what it was like on the "outside".

I set up the outdoor play area, put in two hide spots, a water bottle, and drapped a blanket over one end so they could have endless shade. Well, needless to say, the pigs loved it. Everyone was a little hesitant at first, but after just a few minutes, they warmed up nicely. The baby, Elvis, was the first to start exploring. After that, they all started grazing on the fresh grass and just plain enjoying themselves. It was a wonderful day to try it too because the weather is absolutely beautiful today.

We only stayed out for about 20 minutes, but I got some awesome pictures, and we may try going outside again in a couple of weeks.

Soon like all enjoyed.. The kids and the piggies alike..Would love to see some pigtures and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Lucky you! My first experience with taking my piggies out, they just wanted to hide! Poor little guys were traumatized. :(

I'd love to see pigtures too! It sounds like they thought they were at a piggy amusement park.

I wish I could take my two outside, but we live in a townhome so our lawn is always treated with chemicals by the HOA, as are all the common areas.

@(broken link removed) That must suck? Can you grow grass inside? In the winter I grow wheat grass for my 2 piggies.

@(broken link removed) That must suck? Can you grow grass inside? In the winter I grow wheat grass for my 2 piggies.
I buy wheat grass at the pet store. I got it for my cats before I had the piggies and quickly discovered that they love it, too. I've tried to grow it but haven't had much luck, so I buy the stuff that's already ready to eat.

This thread reminded me of my horse, Figment, who also loves grass but who was turned out in a dirt corral when he lived in IL. The barn owners would cut the grass with a tractor and rake in the fresh clippings for the horses since they couldn't graze. When I moved to FL, the barn owner always wondered why he followed her tractor till I told her (he has grass in his corral here but I guess he still wants the fresh cut stuff).

Okay, it's been a while since I've posted pics, so we'll see what happens.

[GuineaPigCages.com] First time outside today!

Okay, that worked so here we go again. That first picture is of Bugsy. He is the sweetest pig anyone could ever ask for. He is my first pig ever, and he's become very tame over the last couple of weeks.

This is all three boys. Sweetie Pig, Bugsy, and Elvis

This is the newest member of our family. Elvis was around 5 weeks when we got him. He's a wonderfully, delightful ball of fur.

Last but not least is Sweetie Pig. Don't let his sweet face fool you though. He is the dominant pig around here, and he doesn't ever let anyone forget it!

Anyway, those are my pigs. I hope you enjoy. They had a great time outside today.

I forgot to mention that blanket behind the pigs was there for shade. I'm sure the sun wouldn't have bothered them for the short time that they were out there, but I didn't want to take any chances.

Boss Hog, LOL! You have gorgeous piggies.

@mufasa Thanks. I'm pretty proud of them. I think they are some pretty happy pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.