Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

First Rescue

angeldjcavies, I don't think that's such a good idea. With one pig preggers, you should especially be careful. It mentions this on cavy spirit's breeding page, and I think you'll end up with one (or more) pregnant pigs. Sorry to sound so mean, it's just a fact.

Peanut got pregnant from the previous home before we got her and our friend told us that Peanut maybe pregnant. We told her no worries we will care for the babies. We are expanding the cages in a few weeks the latest after Christmas.

Jenn11 thank you and Im sure she will have a safe deliver. I found a vet close to home that cares for guinea pigs. Also loves2travel the lady finally called back about the 2 piggers and she was desprately in needing a home for both so we did take them. they both are beautiful females and my hubby named the smooth hair Chesty and the brown white one I named spice. Spice looks just like my Princess Fluffy. Princess has brown white and black on her. Spice is just brown and white. Chesty looks like Muffy. Muffy is all black with one white leg, white and brown spots on the side and Chesty is all white with black and brown spots.

My hubby changed the name for Chesty to Stinker. Dont ask me why. Im not sure what name I want for Spice. I decied to change it. She is very sweet and loves to be held. I thought of MuMu or Star.

cinn, why can't you just post the pics instead of e mailing them seperately. Try photobucket.com. Thats what I use.

Congratulations!

I want to see!! You can email me too! lol

Ok, I will try the photobucket.com thing Piglet.

I am really worried about Loppy, he isn't eating or drinking much. He is lonely. He was with 5 other piggs, before I took him. So that is probably why. I am really really worried. Oh he got a vet check the other day, his foot is fine it's just a genetic problem caused by innerbreeding. I am really worried...

I can tell that Loppy wants a buddy so the idea of keeping in him in a 2x3 below my 2x6 cage is not going to work at all. So I guess in a couple of weeks I am going to have to take my chances and see if Loppy and Buddy get along with out Buddy picking on Loppy. *sigh* I am worried about Loppy. He still isn't eating or drinking much. Now he is squeaking at Buddy (housed above him in a 2x6) though.

piglet, how do you use photobucket?

well, i just went to photobucket and it says they are not taking any new "free" users. are there any other similar sites out there that i can do something similar with?

L2T, I went there too a while back, and they will be taking free users in a bit, can't wait till they do because I'll be downloading it!
I'm so sorry to hear about Loppy! Maybe you should put him and Buddy together, I had a depressed piggy once, I put him in with another male and he's popcorning to no end! Still won't let me touch him though... It takes time :(

ruby, do you know when it will be done?

Nope, I have no clue. I'm guessing no longer than the New Year. If you need to upload photos, do you have a digital camera and a thingie to upload onto the computer?

I would put Loppy and Buddy together right away. It is just that whole quarenting rule, its killing me. I don't want to wait 3 weeks because Loppy is really really really depressed. But thats what it says to do on the site. Do you think i should put them together tomorrow or just wait?

How long have you had Loppy? Is he healthy and such? If he is, you should probably put them together. I don't see the harm. I could be wrong, this is just my opinion.

Loves2travel if you want a place to upload your own photos. Then just make a website, for your piggs. And upload and post all your photos there. But I thought you weren't allowed to post photos online anyways?

im not....dont you need a password to access photobuckte picutres?

I think so. So I guess it wouldn't matter. But oh well. You can always upload them on your computer in a folder called (example) my pictures or something. Like rubypiggie2 said.

yea, i just want to be able to share them easily with relatives and that kind of thing

RubyPiggie2 said:
How long have you had Loppy? Is he healthy and such? If he is, you should probably put them together. I don't see the harm. I could be wrong, this is just my opinion.
Had him since sunday. Um he had a vet check. I don't think he has mites or anything, but I wouldn't know for sure I didn't have skin scrapings done. I guess I will check him over really well tomorrow for parasties. And then start introducing them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.