Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding First lap time together...

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hey everyone, Gemini is doing great and seems to be warming up to us the dogs and Gidget.:)She is such a sweetheart. :love: We did lap time with both girls for the first time last night. :p Wow, what a handful is two gps and a 3 pound chihuahua who thinks it is time to give the gps a bath. (she has to lick their ears and face). :crazy:Anyhow, We had a squabble a couple of times that I wanted to ask you about? It seemed to all be over the knitted snuggle sack I brought one pig down in. Gemini was in the sac and Gidget was on my chest. I was watching swamp people and Bella had even laid down. All of a sudden Gidget zooms down in the sack and sits for about 4 seconds. Then all hell broke loose and Gidget starts a fight. She wasn't biting her but seemed to be kicking her. So I went to grab Gidget and I got bit in the process. Don't think she knew it was me. So do I need two snuggle sacks or one really big one? Gidget has never even liked that thing till last night. Do I just do lap time separate from now on?Having Gemini here has really brought Gidgets personality out and she seems a lot less fussy with me. I haven't seen them snuggle together yet though. I guess it will take time we have only had Gemini for a couple of days. Well here are some Pigatures for you to enjoy]This First picture was before the squabble. [GuineaPigCages.com] First lap time together...[GuineaPigCages.com] First lap time together...[GuineaPigCages.com] First lap time together...

Attachments

DSCN0446 (640x480).jpg DSCN0449 (640x358).jpg
I don't know about the squabble, but I just had to say your critters are adorable! I sympathize with you juggling the piggies and a dog, as one of my cats always has to horn in on my lap time with Mufasa. it's great that Gemini is bonding with you and the family.

[GuineaPigCages.com] First lap time together...[GuineaPigCages.com] First lap time together...[GuineaPigCages.com] First lap time together...[GuineaPigCages.com] First lap time together...[GuineaPigCages.com] First lap time together... sorry its very picture heavy

This may just be me, but I think the dog is adding stress on the piggy intros. I would allow the pigs to get to know each other and then add they dog.

Have fun and cute pigs and dog!!

This may just be me, but I think the dog is adding stress on the piggy intros. I would allow the pigs to get to know each other and then add they dog.

Have fun and cute pigs and dog!!

Could be butThey have already been introduced to each others. It was just the first time I had both of them for lap time together. The dog really was no where around when the fight over the snuggy sac took place.

Oh, I thought that was the intro!! Oh!!!

I think they are just fighting over who gets to be held, it means they like you!! They like your attention. :)

ha ha no no the intro. Thanks tho for the advice.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.