Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

First day of summer

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Nothing like welcoming the first day of summer with tornado watches and all day storms. At least there is a wicked lightning show going on right now.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Aw man. I want another thunder storm. Our was early this morning. I love sleeping when it's raining.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
We need rain desperately right now. It is SOOOO hot and muggy. Everything is so dry and everyone's grass is turning yellow and dyinging (not mine though I have weeds instead of grass :) ). Today was 95* in the shade and it is supposed to remain extremely hot with the humidity making it feel 105* for the next five days. The kids have been living in the pool everyday and I sit in the shade sweating like a beast watching them making sure they stay "safe". --- Gotta love summer (hee-hee).

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
You need to get your own pool to lay in Weaver. That's what my mom used to do. We'd have one and she'd have one set up next to it.

Charlie's_mamma

Cavy Slave
New York has been really messed up lately. Last year it was 75 during spring, now it's 75 in summer. Oh well at least today was my last day in that hot school. I love summer vacation

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
PiggieMom said:
You need to get your own pool to lay in Weaver. That's what my mom used to do. We'd have one and she'd have one set up next to it.

Oh, we have a pretty good sized pool (18feet x 4 feet), I could get in it, just don't everyday. The kids are to rowdy and splash, hollar, and try to tip me out of my floating lounge chair. It is just to crazy in there for me to be able to enjoy it everyday. I only get in about twice a week, sometimes I will get wet, get out, but that is about it. I am hoping by next year we can afford a 27ft and than I am going to tell the kids to stay on their own side of the pool :)

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
Here I go again being a brat... but in Southern CA, it was about 73 in the city I live in. Bright and sunny, nice breeze, it was great..... ;)

JennG

Cavy Slave
PMK-*sticks tongue out*

First day of summer (yesterday) and it was one of the hottest days yet. Very sticky and just nasty hot. Today we have a call for the thunderstorms and such. Just love that IL weather.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Yesterday was around 90 degrees and sunny. We had a water gun fight, it felt so good since it was so muggy. This morning it rained, and we're supposed to have thunderstorms all next week.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Well we had 100 degree heat index. Ugh. Also no rain since the tropical storm and Jeff says he heard something about a drought already.