Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

First Cavy Death.

TeddyBear

Cavy Slave
Hey, all! I have not been very active on here and remembered this site by accident last night. But, I feel it was meant to be.

A little under three years ago, I got my first and only GP, a mix breed named Teddy.

She was the only one of her family to make it over a year old so we knew she was obtained at some point from a back-yard breeder. I was her third home in less than a year of her life.

A week ago, she was her normal self but yesterday, she passed away after going down hill in two days. (She had likely been showing slight signs that were not noticeable until it was too late.)

I know she was young. But, I assure you she was loved and is greatly missed. I squeezed an entire life's worth of love into those short years and spoiled her to the core. (The only reason I ever got fruit or veggies was for her. I don't eat them.)

She died in my arm after having was I assumed was a seizure brought on by the rapid weight loss and dehydration.

I don't know how to handle this grief.

Sorry if this is poorly written; I am still trying to cope.

Any support is appreciated. Thank you.

miniver

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry for your loss. The time they are with us always seems too short. You can take comfort in the fact that you made a big difference in her life..

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. The grief of losing one of these precious furballs can be too much to bear at times, I know I never thought that such a tiny creature could capture such an enormous piece of my heart. You gave her a great life, longer than she likely would have had without you. Please, take some solace in the fact that the life she had was only possible with you, and I'm sure she enjoyed every moment of it. Rest in peace, little Teddy.

Beatrix187

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and prayers <3

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm sorry you lost her.

Onlyinred

Cavy Slave
Im sorry for your loss