Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C First C&C Cage Ever!!

aislynn99

Cavy Slave
I finished building it last night, and just got them moved in the last half hour or so. They are having so much fun! See attached photos. My goal is to eventually elevate it, but I need more grids to build a stable support system. I have the base cushioned with a thick piece of padded linoleum to cut down on vibrations. My room (where the new cage is) is the warmest, calmest and most temperature stable in our apartment, and closed off from our trio of cats. I carried them over in their hide box flipped upsidedown (great idea, whoever mentioned that, as it was very low stress) and they're now vegging out in there after pigging out on their celebratory veggie feast :) Woo!

Attachments

IMG_0420[1].jpg IMG_0424[1].jpg IMG_0427[1].jpg IMG_0436[1].jpg IMG_0431[1].jpg
They look very happy....I am going to be building mine this weekend.

Nice cage! Good job! They will be so happy in their new home.

Thanks! I wish I would have recorded the first minute or so of them buzzing around in it. They were so excited! But now they are in a food coma and sleeping it off in their hide box :)

Good luck, and definitely use a yard stick. We didn't have one and it would have made things a LOT easier :)

great job!..step stools make great hideouts too with many exists! I got mine at Dollar General i think for $5.

That's an awesome idea, thanks a bunch :) I'm planning on going to the hardware store and getting an PVC elbow joint as well this weekend, and the dollar store is right next to it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.