Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog First blog

Blog entry from old forum

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
I'm not really sure what goes into a blog, or if people will even actually read this! but I guess I'll share a little about Mocha.

Mocha is my female GP, who is I'm guessing about 5months old now. I've had her now for 51 days, and am patiently waiting for her babies. I am about 99% sure she is pregnant, and am very nervous. I did not get her pregnant, she came to me that way. I got her from craigslist. Someone had an accidental litter, and didn't know GP's are sexually mature at 21days. She was never seperated from the brothers and sisters. I would have actually gotten a pair, but she was the only one left. I'm kind of glad I did not end up with two pregnant pigs though! Depending on how many she has, and their genders I plan to keep some if not all of them. I hope she has all girls of course, but that's unlikely.

I recently got a new camera, it's about time! I took some pretty cute pictures, but have no idea how to post them. I'll try and post them in gallery.

Thanks for reading, if you did! :)

Cavy5057

Cavy Slave
Hey! Congrats on the soon-to-be new baby GP's. My guinea pig had a baby boy and tomorrow is his 1 month birthday. Good Luck on your guinea pigs!

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
Thanks! It's encouraging to hear about all the sucessful sow's deliveries. I have heard that there is a 1 out of 5 chance she could pass away, so I've been pretty nervous. Congrats on your baby! Are you keeping him? It would be ideal for me if she only has 1 or two, then I could keep them all. Even if she has three, I am hoping to keep all.

Sirene

Cavy Slave
Very exciting - and nerve-racking, too, I'm sure! If she just has one boy (and the rest girls), you could get him neutered and have him live with the grls. I believe you can have one neutered male in with multiple females.

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
Yes, Sirene... that's acually my plan! I am hoping that she only has one boar if any. If she does end up having one, I do plan to get him neutered. If she has more than one, even though it will be hard I may rehome them as a bonded pair. That depends though, only if I can find a home that's prepared to take care of a GP the right way.