Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Finding a Cavy Savvie vet in my area

byccumwho

Cavy Gazer
I just called the vet in my town to see if they handle Guinea Pigs and they don't so they referred me to one half an hour away. THEY don't do pigs either. They said call one that's an HOUR away and nope, they don't take them either.

Now what?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Well, if you post your city and state here, we'll help you find one. There's also a searchable database of vets at www.guineapigzone.com, and a list over at Guinea Lynx.

byccumwho

Cavy Gazer
Gouverneur, New York

And, thanks! I'm praying there's a vet here somewhere!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
There are exotic vets in Syracuse, Ottawa and Kingston. Google "exotic vets syracuse ny" or "exotic vets ottawa canada" or "exotic vets kingston ontario"(without the quotes) and you'll get several hits. And yes, you'll have to drive a while to get there.

byccumwho

Cavy Gazer
Okay. That's not a problem, the driving part. It's just not being able to get there in the event of an emergency with either of the girls.

Thank you so much. I'll get over to Google to get directions.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.