Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Finally.

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
Today I finally found Coroplast in my area. I couldn't believe how stupid people are that are suppose to help you out on the phone. No one new what Corrugated Plastic was. Wow. But finally i found some at Sign It! in Hyannis, MA. (near me) I will be ordering some soon and building my first C & C cage. If any off you have a color or theme suggestion tell me, I dont know what my theme should be.

Peaches

Cavy Slave
lol....My sign store only carried white so I didnt have a choice. If you get a choice, maybe green and then your could stick flowers on the sides (stickers). like a garden

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
My choices were red and white, and I took red. I am happy you are finally making a C&C cage. What size are you making? I would suggest at least a 2x4.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
What colour grids do you have? Silver grids and lilac coroplast would be fab

Zeander

Cavy Slave
Piglet, that sounds real nice!
Personally, I have white grids and white coroplast. But everything I place inside the cage is colored. I kinda think it looks clean and doesn't have too much going on. I mainly made it like that for my mom because she wasn't thrilled where I put it... and she thinks it's too big. My fiance calls it the "Guinea Pig Mansion".

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
I have blue coroplast with black grids. The cage is in my son's room that is blue, red, yellow, and green so the piggies have plenty of color stimulation :)

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
I am gonna make my cage 2 X 3, I dont have enough space, unless I can find smaller grids than 15in then i can do 2 X 4. I feel bad that I can only do 2X3 but im gonna add levels so it's not to small. All you guys's colors sound great. Do any of you know were I could get like 14 in grids or maybe 12? if there is 12 in ones.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
You can get the 14" grids at Target. Getting the 12" grids defeats the purpose of making a 2x4. Plus, I don't think they exist.

Are you SURE you can't move a dresser over or take a table out, it can be on the floor if there are no drafts.

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
I have a small room, Im gonna move my bed over and put it next to the wall and next to the bed. I can hopefuly do 2 X 4 but i have to messure and move it to see if I could, I'll know if I can by tuesday most likely. But I most likely can only do 3 X 2 I know bigger is better but I'll try my best.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
If you can fit in a 3x3, that's even better than the 2x4! Just an option, I know for a lot of people space is really tight.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.