Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Finally! My cage is done!

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Well after hours with me and mom hard at work we finally pulled off two cages. And this time we have fleece. Now we tried our best doing it ll together and still plan on having a few things and such. So if any suggestions let me know. For now though here are the cages.

Picture002.jpg

This is the boys cages and...

Picture003.jpg

This is the girls.

We know all about the cleaning and how to clean it and such. Other suggestions bout an owner having owned fleece and has intesting ideas about it I would be happy for you to share them with me.

pignewton

Cavy Slave
Wow, I am impressed - very nice job!

Pandora4co

Cavy Slave
Wow those are nice! I just did my cage today and it is much smaller and took me forever. Those cages are so big I bet your piggies love it! I don't know if I'm ready to do the fleece thing yet, but it looks so nice!

GailtheGuineaPg

Cavy Slave
Wow, those look fantastic! You've got some very lucky piggies.

RyanR

Cavy Slave
Nicely done. They are some sleek cages.

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
The cage looks awesome, I really love the fleece you picked out too! The girls cage is so nice and girly, and the boys cage is, well, boyish! Good job, I bet your piggies are having a lot of fun in there.

clotho

Cavy Slave
What a great job!!! I love those cages!!! And I'm sure the piggies love it too!!! Way to go!!!

PiggyPaws

Cavy Slave
I LOVE the fleece in the 4x4! Very colourful :)

The only fleece "tip" I can think of is that if it bunches up when they do laps around the cage (mine did this) then you can tuck it over the sides and under the bottom if the fleece is big enough.

piggiesinpa

Cavy Slave
I use fleece. I would suggest a hay rack or something in order to keep hay off of it as much as possible. I put litter boxes below the hay in order to catch what they pull down and don't eat. It doesn't get everything, but it helps. Hay on fleece just annoys me though, lol.

Clean poo off daily. You are probably going to need to do it twice or may even three times a day. I use a vacuum hose. If you use that, BE CAREFUL because the vacuum will suck the blanket and it becomes frustrating. Sometimes bricks and clothespins are used to hold the fleece down to avoid this.

Looks great! Good job!

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You and your mom did a fantastic job! They look great! Your piggies look so happy in them.

naturegal592

Cavy Slave
I am stealing an idea from another member. I am going to sew some ribbon on the fleece in different places so I can tie it to the cage. I also think I am going to sew the pad to the fleece to make it all one piece. Your cages look great!!!! I love the bold colors!

luvmyzoocrew

Cavy Slave
Awesome, you did a great job on the cages, and i love the fleece so bright.

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
Awesome job! They're so big, I'm sure your piggies were wheeking like crazy when they were put into their new home! I like how you put fleece over the bended cube hidey-I hadn't event thought of that idea. I love the fleece, too-I think I saw that at Joann's. lol

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Well, thankyou everyone. My piggies liked it and at first they were careful stepping on it and checking it out and such. Ya I agree with the hayracks I need to get something up with a tray under it. I have discovered that the hay doesnt do good on fleece. I think it makes my cage stinker. But also I'm going to try some bricks to make it nice and firm and such. Thanks everyone.

ginniemama

Cavy Slave
Nice looking cages! I use ribbons to hold the fleece down and do not have any problems at all when I vaccum the poos. It makes it look nice and I don't have to worry about them burrowing under the fleece at all. I sewed together towels and the fleece to make one big piece and I think it makes it easier to clean and change the cage. You did a fantastic job!!