Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Connectors Few cage questions.

delekatala

Cavy Slave
OK, right now I have two 2x3 c and c cages. In two weeks, we will have all the supplies to build a two floor 2 x 7 c and c cage, each floor a seperate cage.

Question 1 is..... connectors vs zip ties. I have seen some cages built with only zip ties and no connectors at all. Are these sturdy? It would be nice not to have to buy a bunch of extra connectors, but I am afraid the cage will warp and move about. Any experiences?

question 2 is.... I have read all the cage construction pages, but don't see a listing of amount of space needed for a number of piggies. Once the cage is 2x7 grids I was hoping to introduce a third female since I read they do better in groups of three or four than in groups of two. But I wanted to know if the cage would be big enough, what is the minimum recommended space for 3 piggies?

I appreciate all the help I have gotten so far in this forum. I am trying hard to do the best for my new little family members.

I have read all the cage construction pages, but don't see a listing of amount of space needed for a number of piggies.

There's a chart right at the top of the Home page of this website that has that info.

There's a chart right at the top of the Home page of this website that has that info.

WOW, how did I miss that! According to that 2x7 is plenty of space for three piggies.

Any insight on the zip ties vs connectors?

in my cage it seems with using connectors the connectors seem to loose it strength
over time.

I have a 2x7, I used connectors AND zip ties to make it extra sturdy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.