Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Female piggies

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
when you par two female piggies together do they fight at all? (i want to get a friend for my piggie lily)

Sara'spets
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I have four females and one male. The females took awhile before aclimating to each other.

suzy_99

Cavy Slave
I have 4 females and they do argue a little, but nothing serious. Introductions tend to depend more on personality then on sex, so I would look for a girl that would be compatible with yours. If you have a really dominant female, I would not advise getting another one that is as domimant as her. I did this and it took quite a while for them to work out their differences.

pennick

Cavy Slave
I have 2 girls and one is the dominent one, the other one follows orders. No actual fighting, thank god, just some nose poking and the usual get out of my house or get out of my way. All in all they get along fine.

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
Ok thanks for the advice!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Yes, introductions depend on the personality of your pigs. I introduced 4 sows together and they have been living happily together for several months now although the youngest does get picked on occasionally. The other girls barbered most her hair off and she is my silkie/sheltie and has a funky new hairdo now.

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
When you add another female, how would you know if either one was more dominant?
Prior to putting them together I mean.

Christys GPS

Cavy Slave
I dont think you could tell who is more dominate, intill they are together, with my five guys, romeo and abner attack the other boys, so now they are seperated, but I am thinking you would have to put them together and see what happens.

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
thanks for asking that question guineagurl, I was thinking the same thing.

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
slap_maxwell said:
I have four females and one male. The females took awhile before aclimating to each other.

Slap, I've been wanting to ask you how Simon is doing? How is he getting along with his harem. Has he loosened up a bit with you? Sebastian has his days where he lets me pet him and others where he runs like mad!

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
mom to cujo said:
Slap, I've been wanting to ask you how Simon is doing? How is he getting along with his harem. Has he loosened up a bit with you? Sebastian has his days where he lets me pet him and others where he runs like mad!

Yeah I heard about that also (saw the post) how is your piggy doing Slap?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.