Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Biting Female is Biting, Aggressive, Not eating her pellets, Bullying

GuineaPigs530

Cavy Slave
I have 2 females.. So Lilly is not letting Quinn eat all the time, Drink, r go into the igloo. They also keep chasing each other and bullying. They also try to bite me when I old them, and sometimes it looks like there BITING EACH OTHER.. We see no blood.. What do we do? And there NOT eating there pellets. They only eat there hay, & salad. Please help! :eek:

how old are they? how long have you had them? what size cage are they in? for 2 pigs, it helps to have 2 of everything - 2 water bottles, 2 food dishes, at least 2 if not 3 hiding places for them, each with an exit and an entrance. what i've read here repeatedly is that as long as there is no bloodshed, let them work it out themselves. they need to figure out who's boss. the running and chasing may be playing. what makes you think it's bullying? hay is the most important part of their diet, so if they're eating hay and veggies, and drinking ok, i wouldn't worry. what brand of pellets are you feeding them? KMS are the best brand, you may think about switching to them - maybe your pigs don't like the pellets. what pellets were they on before you got them?

how old are they? how long have you had them? what size cage are they in? for 2 pigs, it helps to have 2 of everything - 2 water bottles, 2 food dishes, at least 2 if not 3 hiding places for them, each with an exit and an entrance. what i've read here repeatedly is that as long as there is no bloodshed, let them work it out themselves. they need to figure out who's boss. the running and chasing may be playing. what makes you think it's bullying? hay is the most important part of their diet, so if they're eating hay and veggies, and drinking ok, i wouldn't worry. what brand of pellets are you feeding them? KMS are the best brand, you may think about switching to them - maybe your pigs don't like the pellets. what pellets were they on before you got them?

Whoa! Lots of questions! There 4-7 months, I had them for 5 days, The size of the cage is 45.5"L X 24.75"W X 36"H :sorry: [GuineaPigCages.com] Female is Biting, Aggressive, Not eating her pellets, Bullying
I know there bullying each other because Lilly, won't let Quinn eat all the time, drink, or go in the igloo. They eat Forti-Diet Garden Blend, I don't know what the pellets they were on before. I got them at Petco. Sounds bad I know, but there are know other places near me.

Last edited:
I would really consider changing their food. Guinea pig pellets should have a first ingredient of timothy hay, those pellets don't. KMS is on of the best brands you can buy, and can be found here: (broken link removed) As said above, try also getting two of everything. Guinea pigs tend to be really "This is mine, that's mine, it's all mine you can have none!" so it helps if you have two of everything, and spacing them out, so that they can have their own place to eat and drink.

That is a beautiful cage. Oxbow pellets are also good, and at 7 months you can put them on the adult type of pellets.

It sounds like your piggie may be in heat (piggie PMS). Read here: Guinea Pigs Social Life about introductions and things to do to help them get along, like "buddy baths". I think the most important thing is getting them on neutral territory, since they are so possessive of everything. You might have to clean your cage from top to bottom to re-establish the cage as neutral territory.

5 days is really not long enough to see if they are going to work out. See what happens after you start the above suggestions about hideys/igloos and hay stations. Weigh your piggies at least every week to make sure no one is losing weight because they can't get to the food and water-after you get 2 of everything. Read here: https://www.guinealynx.info/weigh.html. My girls did drop a little weight after I got them just because they were so scared, and they've pretty much caught up to where they were when I got them now that they have been here a month.

Good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.