Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Feeding a baby pig

roxie1973

Cavy Slave
is there anyone that can help answer questions ......i have a baby pig he is bout 8 to 9 wks it was the runt of the litter and he looks like he is only maybe 5 to 6 wks old really tiny well the thing is he isnt and hasnt been eating so we took him away from mom and all siblings so he could get more food well it went to the point where i have to force feed him is there any suggestions on what else to give him to help him put wait on ....i feed him electra lites mixed with water and mashed potatos .what else can i do i dont wanna lose him

Re: New father of two piggies...advice?

is there anyone that can help answer questions ......i have a baby pig he is bout 8 to 9 wks it was the runt of the litter and he looks like he is only maybe 5 to 6 wks old really tiny well the thing is he isnt and hasnt been eating so we took him away from mom and all siblings so he could get more food well it went to the point where i have to force feed him is there any suggestions on what else to give him to help him put wait on ....i feed him electra lites mixed with water and mashed potatos .what else can i do i dont wanna lose him

Do NOT feed him any potatoes. You need to take the pig to a cavy savvy vet as soon as possible to figure out what's causing him to not eat. There could be an illness which quickly can become lethal if left untreated, pain or a genetic issue behind it.

When it comes to handfeeding, Oxbow Critical Care is highly recommended. If not available, you can feed a pellet mash with a high quality pellet like Oxbow, Kleenmama or Sweet Meadow.

Please read through this link, as well as the rest of guinea lynx when you have time:
https://www.guinealynx.info/handfeeding.html

Re: New father of two piggies...advice?

my kiki took about a week to warm up to me and feel comfortable my sunshine took about 3 weeks but even after 7 months kiki is still more sociable than sunshine

@roxie1973, I've split your question off from the thread about behavior. If you have a question, please post it in a thread that's on the same topic, or being a new thread in the proper forum. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.