Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

favorite band/musician?

caitlinbenosky

Cavy Slave
there's a story behind mine.

back in 2006 when my grandma passed, i was blamed for her death. she had been fighting cancer for over 10 years, and the one night i got mad at her and hung up the phone, is the night she gave up. my grandfather told me "she didn't have a reason to live anymore because i didn't love her."
i was 13 at the time. and after being told this, i was a suicidal 13 year old. one day about a year later, as i was having one of my episodes, i came across the song "when you look me in the eyes" by the jonas brothers. and to this day, i swear, the song saved my life. after this, i started going to see doctors, have been put on medication for depression, and am living a much happier life.
this august will mark 7 years of being a jonas fan. and i'm not just a little fangirl lol. i'm talking like, they know me by name. i've met them all enough times (especially nick.) every time i see him, it's just kinda like bumping in to an old friend. i'd say by now, all together, i've met them like 40 ish times. living in new york is a perk when it comes to meeting celebs lol. plus, nick lives on 7th avenue in nyc. so i've seen him at his apartment a few times.

i did relapse back in october when they announced their split, but again thanks to the medication, i realized that my favorite band breaking up is not a reason to kill myself.
it still hits me every once in a while that they did break up. but it's nice that they really haven't stopped living in the public eye. they still tweet, they still post pictures, still meet fans, and are still talking about solo projects. so, i don't feel like they left really. plus, it helps that kevin's wife just had baby alena rose. i look forward to pictures of her :)

so i wanna hear about your journey as a "fan."
that's mine!

ps. if you wanna see any of my pictures with the guys, just let me know.

I'm a Motley Crue fan! I love rock 'n' roll and there's something about their music that I love. When I was little, I always used to listen to my mom's CD's and cassette tapes on my older brother's jam-box; most of which was Motley Crue and Pat Benatar. I think that's when I got hooked on rock music :p

Ever since then, I've collected Motley Crue's autobiographies and photo books, TV biographies and live DVD's, CD's cassette tapes, record albums, and sent them some fan mail and fan art. They haven't responded yet, but that's okay, as long as they know what their work means to me, I'm okay with that. Each member is awesome and I have a lot of respect for them after reading their books, but I'd have to say Mick Mars the guitarist holds a special place in my heart.

I've seen them twice in concert and in November, I'll be seeing them again on their final tour with Alice Cooper. I can't wait!

I'm into a lot of other bands too; Cheap Trick, Def Lepard, Suzi Quatro (I have my hair cut to look like hers) Alice Cooper, The Runaways, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Pat Benatar, Skid Row, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Slade, The Scorpions, Elvis Presley, Anthrax. I guess that's how I ended up with the bottom shelf in my book case almost full of record albumslol

Taylor Swift and Lorde 5 eva!! I discovered Taylor during the speak now era after my neighbors had tickets and couldn't go. Last summer I went to see a RED tour show she is a big influence in my life .
And i discovered Lorde last summer With royals. After hearing royals 1000000 times i got annoyed and started hating her. Then a couple months later i decided to listen to a sample of white teeth teens and now i have the digital album and a CD. I love them both so much.

Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Pink, Lady Gaga, Lady Antebellum, The Band Perry, Kesha, Lorde, Adele, Imagine Dragons, Fly Leaf, Britney Spears, Paramore, Bruno Mars Pit bull, Eminem, The Black Eyed Peas, Avril Levine those are my top picks.

Last edited:
Oh and I forgot Nickel Back

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.