Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Favorite American Idol contestant. Who do you want to win?

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
So I thought I would do kind of a random thread asking who is your favorite american idol contestant? For me it was Colton Dixon but sadly he was voted off last wednesday which makes me mad:mad: But since he is gone I would like to see Phillip Phillips win. I originally wanted the top 3 to be Colton Dixon,Phillp Phillips and Elise Testone but with Colton goneI would like to see Phillp Phillps,Elise Testone and either Jessica Sanchez or Skylar Laine. So who is your favorite?:)

I like Philip and Joshua because I think they seem to know what type of singer they are. I think Jessica is probably the best singer but I don't think she's very charismatic. She just seems kind of sad to me. I like Skylar, too, but she seems more like a regular person instead of a star although they'd probably help her work on that. I didn't care for Colton, though. He always sounded kind of out of tune to me and I think his look is kind of dated. I really hadn't made the David Bowie connection until someone mentioned it. I like Elise's voice but I don't care for her look. I don't care for Holly.

I liked his hair style lol. and the genre of music he does. I would totally buy his cds

I liked his hair style lol. and the genre of music he does. I would totally buy his cds

I think if he sticks with the Christian rock he'll be really successful. He definitely has a large following and agree that when he swayed in his choices in songs, it hurt him. He's very charismatic and it's the whole package that sells.

Jessica or Joshua. I loved Colton as well, and was devastated when he was voted off. I sorta like Holly, but I think she's a bit too...repetitive. She does the same thing in every one of her songs, and she doesn't really seem like she's going to be coming out of her shell anytime soon. Phillip annoys the crap out of me, and I want him gone. Also, I don't know why but I don't think Skylar should win.

Joshua is a bit goofy (plus I think his being gay is going to hurt him......sadly).

What do you mean @spy9doc?

I didn't know Joshua's gay and I don't think that would make any difference whatsoever. I think every song he's done has been perfect. I like Skylar and she could win because I think country music has a huge following and probably has more followers since she's really sort of country-pop. I don't think she's really polished, though. I think Philip is destined to be really big, even if he doesn't win, because Stevie Nicks said that Mick Fleetwood would have hired him for Fleetwood Mac. I'm sure she carries a lot of clout.

I think Joshua blew the others away tonight. I think he's the only one with two really strong songs. This whole season, I thought Holly had a speech impediment but after tonight when she talked about living in England, it sounds like she tosses that accent in once in awhile. It reminded me of XFactors's last winner who suddenly started using a Jamaican accent in mid contest. I think most of the contestants had one weak song this week.

@arionat799 I know right!! I thought colton was awsome I wanted him to win soooo badly but oh well I am definetly going to buy his first cd when it comes out like immedietly lol. I like how Phillip isn't trying to be somebody he's not and stays true to him self. If skylar doesn't win nashville will pick her up in a heatbeat.

Mmmm I haven't gotten to watch last nights yet(have to DVR it because I'm at youth group), but man do I love Colton. And I'll admit, I'm kind of glad he didn't win...very bittersweet moment(I cried so hard, and I NEVER cry at anything on TV except when a dog dies lol) BUT it seems to me, a lot of the more recent idols...I never hear much about them at all. They're not the big stars you'd thing they'd be. I'm wondering if it has to do with the record deal, and if it does, then Colton will hopefully have another, better, record label to go to insted.

But like I said...I'm pretty much in love with that guy ;) I've been watching all the shows he's been on, checking out all the interviews, exc. I'm excited now as well because he gets to work on his own music. He says it's all going to be faith based(I'd be surprised, and very sad, of it wasn't), so I'm pumped for that.

But anyway, since we're on the topic of who should win(lol I got a bit off track), I like Phillip Phillips best. I love his voice and the way he wants it to be all about the music as well :)

~IJMB

Mmmm I haven't gotten to watch last nights yet(have to DVR it because I'm at youth group), but man do I love Colton. And I'll admit, I'm kind of glad he didn't win...very bittersweet moment(I cried so hard, and I NEVER cry at anything on TV except when a dog dies lol) BUT it seems to me, a lot of the more recent idols...I never hear much about them at all. They're not the big stars you'd thing they'd be. I'm wondering if it has to do with the record deal, and if it does, then Colton will hopefully have another, better, record label to go to insted.

But like I said...I'm pretty much in love with that guy ;) I've been watching all the shows he's been on, checking out all the interviews, exc. I'm excited now as well because he gets to work on his own music. He says it's all going to be faith based(I'd be surprised, and very sad, of it wasn't), so I'm pumped for that.

But anyway, since we're on the topic of who should win(lol I got a bit off track), I like Phillip Phillips best. I love his voice and the way he wants it to be all about the music as well :)

~IJMB

I really like Philip, too, but he wasn't that strong yesterday and the judges warned him about the songs he picks so that might hurt him. I agree that Skylar will be successful and she's only 18 so she'll have a long career ahead of her. The two I don't care for are Holly and Elise, although I like Elise's voice... I just don't care for her.

Like I said, I'm rooting for Jessica and Joshua. I actually really like Elise, though sometimes her song choices aren't the best.

lol I was just holding Ginger while trying to post that and she kept climbing up my neck and eating my hair! Akk! I had to put her back lol

It went down like I thought.

@ pinky, what?

Oh, btw, you posted this:

I think Joshua blew the others away tonight. I think he's the only one with two really strong songs. This whole season, I thought Holly had a speech impediment but after tonight when she talked about living in England, it sounds like she tosses that accent in once in awhile. It reminded me of XFactors's last winner who suddenly started using a Jamaican accent in mid contest. I think most of the contestants had one weak song this week.

Right when mine had just started! lol

When American Idol had just started on my TV. :) Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Unless she has a remarkable week next week, I think Holly will be the next to go. After that will be a tough call. I think the others all have a lot of supporters and diverse styles.

I am tired of Phillip. It's like he's trying to hard to get the gravelly sound in his voice. WAY TOO HARD.

I think Joshua or Jennifer will win. I still like Joshua the best but I think Jessica has an amazing voice, too. I just think Joshua has picked better songs. I like Philip but I think he's had some bad songs recently.

I am tired of Phillip. It's like he's trying to hard to get the gravelly sound in his voice. WAY TOO HARD.
I agree,he seems like he is trying to hard,and something about him does not seam honest :\ I dont know. Jessica is a great singer,but I dont think she is ready,i mean she is only 16. Joshua is great too,its not my type of music so i would not vote for him. I like Skyler,she is not the best singer but she knows what type of singer she is,she has her look,and i am a country/pop fan :) i dont really care for Holy or Elise,they just dont stand out to me

Mmmm I haven't gotten to watch last nights yet(have to DVR it because I'm at youth group), but man do I love Colton. And I'll admit, I'm kind of glad he didn't win...very bittersweet moment(I cried so hard, and I NEVER cry at anything on TV except when a dog dies lol) BUT it seems to me, a lot of the more recent idols...I never hear much about them at all. They're not the big stars you'd thing they'd be. I'm wondering if it has to do with the record deal, and if it does, then Colton will hopefully have another, better, record label to go to insted.Most of the recent idols haven't done much. There are only a few you hear about often Carrie underwood,kelly clarkson and scotty mcreery have done well but like Taylor Hicks you like never hear from because he just went broadway. Kris Allen has done fairly well too.

~IJMB
I totally agree!!! I love listening to christain rocks bands like switchfoot,relient k,barlowgirl,the afters ect so his style of music is like perfect for what I like to listen to! I do like country as well so I am a fan of skylar but I would prefer phillip win because he is sooo unique like if I heard him on the radio and they didn't say it was him I would be able to tell. I DVR it too because we hate watching the commercials and just skip through so we just say our night prayers and watch idol. I am dissapointed that Elise got eliminated last thursday she was amazing.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.