Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

eye problems

dial919

Cavy Slave
oh, no, Kojo has has more problems. About 2 weeks after we got her, we discovered she had an eye infection. last week it was an ear infection and now we wake up and her eye is all cloudy and has a discharge! This will be the 3rd vet appt. in 5 weeks! Our appt is 7:15 tonight (soonest they could get us in). I think I know now why the family before didn't keep her :(

I already spent approx $170 in vet bills already. do they have pet insurance for guinea pigs? lol or maybe I will claim her on taxes! ha ha ha

wish us luck

Poor thing. I hope that this is the last of her troubles. Good luck at the vet!

Sounds to me that maybe your piggies medication is not correct or piggy not taking the medication long enough. I would check this out. May all be stemming from the same illness.

Dr. thinks she may have gotten something in her eye - maybe the ear medication could have run into her eye (which would be easy since she now has a head tilt) or she could have scratched her eye on something in her cage. Either way, she gave us some drops to put in 2-3 times a day along with continuing the ear meds.

On a postive note, my first order of Oxbow Vitamins and Cavy Cuisine came in today. My vet said those are the best vitamins and food out there for guinea pigs!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.