Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Explosion down the street

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Okay so the hardware store down the street from my house just had an explosion like 15 minutes ago. Shook my house, woke my kids up, and scared the crap out of me. They just said on the news that there are no injuries reported. The people who run the store are so wonderful and helpful everytime I am in there. I am just seriously really freaked out right now.

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
OMG! Do they have any idea as yet what exactly has exploded?

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
They said it was a gas line. From the looks of the pics on the news they might have been digging in the back (there was was a backhoe out there).

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Wow, that's scary. A couple of years ago we had an earthquake and it sounded like the paper mill across town blew up.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Okay now that I actually watched the news I feel a little better. There was a gas leak at the store so the owner was closing up. The furnace lit and blew the place. The owner was just locking the door and the blast blew him into the parking lot but no one was killed thank god. That was just freaky.

Bunny Gurl

Cavy Slave
OMG, Thank-god no one was hurt. Are they going to build a new hardware store, or whats going to happen?

Marlania

Cavy Slave
OMG! I have a gas heater, and I always have that fear. I don't know why, but I'm just uncomfortable with gas appliances.

My parents live about 15-20 minutes from the Mississippi River in Louisiana, where there are tons of chemical plants that line the river. There have been times where an explosion occurred at one of the plants, and it literally rocked the house.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
There was a chemical explosion about 7 miles from my house over the summer. We could hear all the booms from other things exploding after the major one and actually see the light from the flames in the sky. They were trying to evacuate the area and my idoit friends wanted to gawk so they snuck through some yards and watch it burn. Lucky they didn't get sick.

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
That's crazy, I'm glad everyone was okay...Once, there was a fire down the street from my house and it was near where my (ex)boyfriend lived and I went to call him and his phone was dead! I've never been more scared in my life. I thought it was his house. But about 5 minutes later he called on his mom's cell and told me he was coming to pick me up so he could tell me about what happened. It's like the greatest feeling in the world knowing that everythings okay.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.