Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Expanding ideas ?

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
Right now I have a 2x4 cage with two piggies inside. Really a fleece forrest takes up 1x2, and the pigs spend all their time hiding in it. I want to expand to a 2x7 but my parents really aren't keen on the idea because 'they have enough room'. I want them to have even more space, and if I move my dresser then I can extend out three grids. My mom also really did not like the idea of having to add to the current fleece liners, because it's too much work.
I really don't know what to do. I have a fair amount of fleece left over and I also have enough grids and hopefully enough coroplast to extend.
Do you think a 2x7 is excessive for two pigs?

Right now I have a 2x4 cage with two piggies inside. Really a fleece forrest takes up 1x2, and the pigs spend all their time hiding in it. I want to expand to a 2x7 but my parents really aren't keen on the idea because 'they have enough room'. I want them to have even more space, and if I move my dresser then I can extend out three grids. My mom also really did not like the idea of having to add to the current fleece liners, because it's too much work.
I really don't know what to do. I have a fair amount of fleece left over and I also have enough grids and hopefully enough coroplast to extend.
Do you think a 2x7 is excessive for two pigs?

More space is never excessive but I'd make sure you have a your mom on board before you make any changes. She has the last say and more fleece will mean more laundry time and detergent, etc.

Well I do all the pig laundry and we have an HE washer so it only uses a tablespoon or so of detergent :D I am trying to convince her, aslong as I pay for the extra coro needed (I measured it just now, not enough) she said it's up to me, begrudgingly.
Wait till she hears that I want to get more pigs :D

of course the other option might be having 2 cages - maybe two 2x4 cages which could each house 2 pigs with a total of 4. and if they were of the same gender, perhaps make an enclosed tunnel they could use to go from one cage to the other if they wanted? oh, there are sooo many ways you can use grids!!

Well if I get more pigs it wont be for a little while, and it's tricky to get more because I adopted a neutered male and a female. Obviously if I adopt anymore they need to be females ! I would really like to have a big open cage for my pigs to get some exercise in! Of course they would still get floor time. I just feel like there cage is really small right now. I think I can expand there cage just fine, it will take some time though! and money :D

I would rather expand and care the best for your current pigs, and convince your mom to expand, and not overwhelm her too much.

yeah that's what I'm hoping to do. I just need another sheet of coro and grids. The pack of grids I have now are used as a playpen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.