Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Exercise/weight loss/ dieting buddies?

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Anyone here trying to lose weight/get in shape this year? I'm on www.myfitnesspal.com to help me exercise and lose 30lbs but more important than the weight is get my heart and body back in shape. I bought a stationary bike today (a pretty spendy one) and I thought it would be nice to have someone to talk to every day to encourage me, chat about cravings and emotional eating and such.

So is there anyone who wants to meet here at least once a day to chat and talk about exercise and goals and such?

i will :) although im 16 XD i job every day and went for 200 hundred pounds to 180. i still need to lose more tho to be in the "normall rage" but im on everyday after school. just pm me if your intreasted :)

Nib-you wanna just post updates (with how ever much info you want) here? I'm not going to post my weight but needless to say I am 2lbs away from my weight when I delivered my second child. So I am definately looking to lose 30lbs. But more interested in having a nice butt and no cellulite on my legs and tum. And not being winded on 1 flight of stairs.

Well this morning when the kids were gone at school I bought a Golds gym power spin stationary bike. Its so quiet and had all the options (and then some) that I wanted. I spent a bit more than I wanted but I'm hoping that means I will get more quality use out of it. My goal today was 1200 calories and I ate 1638 and I'm starving right now and my ferro roche chocolates are CALLING ME.

I also wanted to do 3 five minute workouts. I'm still recovering from a multitude of abuse related and accident related injuries from the last decade so I've really let myself go. But since the bike is new I've been anxious to use it. I did 2 five minute work outs and one 15 minute work out. I had no resistantce on it since I have trouble just moving my right leg. I fractured my hip last Feb and it never really healed right. I'm also currently going to physical theripy for some of my issues so I am hoping this will help speed my slow progress.

According to my myfit... profile if I eat like this and excercise like this is will take me 5 weeks to lose 1/2 a pound. I ate twice as much fat as I should have today but those mozzerella cheese sticks were calling my name. Haha

Goals for tomorrow:

Exercise at least 6 minutes 3 times during the day.
Eat 1200 calories, 43 grams of fat and 26 grams of sugar.
I also have PT tomorrow too but right now that is more pain management and masauges to get the knots out of my crampped up stretched muscles.

It was 9 below today as a HIGH not including the 20 below wind chill. SO that is why I bought a stationary bike. My membership at the YMCA in the next city over (40 miles away) is up in Feb here and I have only gone maybe 10 times. I'm so peeved about that but I paid for the whole year and just could never find a time/day to go. PLUS I didn't like how they treated my kids so I didn't like leaving them there.

I am hoping this summer to get/buy a bike for myself to use this great bike path right next to my apt. I'm gonna have to get a trailer as I have a 3 year old and a 6 year old. My 6 year old might be able to keep up with me but my 3 year old still cannot pedal. They are both pretty delayed physically but advanced mentally. My 6 year old reads chapter books and does multiplication and division in his head (single digits so far we just started working on it).

But anyways I think I am going to go to bed to prevent myself from eating all the kids christmas candy (or the yummy looking v-day candy I bought for their classes). Hehe

Ha! There's an ap for that! ... and I have it... lol. :cool:

I would! My goal for this year is to get this body of mine back into shape, hopefully looking near as good as before I had kids. Hopefully. I need to loose anywhere between 10-20 lbs. I'm not sure how much. I'm about 10 lbs heavier than I was before I had kids but I look like I have gained much more weight. I think my stomach muscles need some toning. I also need to be in shape enough to do the (broken link removed) in April. My whole family is doing it! Mom, brothers, brothers' girlfriends, my husband... I refuse to be embarrassed! :eek:

It would be nice to have someone to talk to that would keep me in line. lol. Like tonight, I said if my husband is home from work for dinner I will go work out in the gym but by the time the kids were in bed I had completely forgotten about that. Now here I sit, browsing the internet and snuggling guinea pigs. :melodrama

have your tried eating smaller meals threw out the day? when i first started to diet and exercise i stuck with my normal three meals a day and cut out the snakes, i found out really fast at night when i was trying to sleep that it wasn't working because my stomic was soooo hungry! now i eat about four small meals throw out the day. one in the morning, one at my lunch, one when i get home, and then one for dinner. I also don't eat past 7 at night because your body is consuming the calories and there not going anywhere except your stomic while you sleep. Also to help with the cravings (i saw this on doctor oz <-- its a grate show if you can find time in your day to watch it then do, lots of healthy tips.) don't switch automatically to all healthy foods cuz your body doesn't want them it wants junky foods. do it slowly, first week switch one snake a day with a healthy one Tip: bananas fill you up for a long time and there sweet ^^ then week two switch one of your meals alone with that snack to something healthy (you can still eat junk foods) week three witch all your snacks and another meal to healthy choices. week four switch all your snacks and meals two healthy stuff. doctor oz said that over time your body will start to crave the healthy stuff versus the junk foods. its all about training your taste buds. im on week three and when i get home im craving an apple and a salad instead of roman noodles and chips.

i exercise twice a day for thirty min each at my rec center. i do a walk jog for almost most of it the rest of the time im in the gym shooting hoops. with excising it has to be a everyday thing well not every day you should give your body two days of rest and not back to back, my rest days are Monday and friday. but every other day im at the gym for one hour a day. it has to become a routine and iv really grown to love jogging, it gives me time to myself.

tell me how your bike goods id really like to know :) and as far as the ymca goes there not always the best gym XD my gym has free aerobic classis and in the morning free baby sitting in the gym (witch for moms must be cool cuz they have a track that goes all the way around the gym so you can see whats happening all the time.) and keep strong when it comes to food. Tip: sometimes when you think your hungry your really not! your thirsty. i lost 5 pounds before i even started dieting and exercising. my grandma told me that and it really works XD

Also, it has to be painful for you to exercise a lot because your injures so don't feel bad if a couple days you cant exercise because of your pain. you dont want to push your body of its limits.

i hope this helps :) ill post tomorrow after i get home from the gym

I just checked out my ap. It says I haven't logged in for over a month. But it also has a "friends" section. If you want to add me my user name is inle_rabbit.

Other than that!

I currently weight in at 136.7 lbs according to my scale. I want to bring that down into the 120's somewhere at the very least. More importantly for me is losing this belly I have. It's like my ab muscles just disappeared after I had my kids.

My biggest weakness is Sonic cheese sticks and Pepsi. Both of which I had today. Sonic is easier for me to avoid than Pepsi is. I get the 2:30 drowsy feeling every day and use the caffeine to perk me back up. I tried to switch to chai tea lattes once only to learn they have 20 more calories than a can of Pepsi! It was a dark and sad day for me.

Today I walked circles around the playscape at the park while my kids played. I walked for a little over an hour. The kids got to play and I got to walk circles it felt like a win/win. The weather here in Texas has been amazing! It was 80 and sunny today; in fact I still have the windows open because the outside air still feels nice.

It is suppose to be in the 80s tomorrow as well, if it is the littlest one and I will probably go for a walk. I’m getting over a cold right now so anything like running or biking will probably choke me. I can’t breathe through my poor nose.

I just checked out my ap. It says I haven't logged in for over a month. But it also has a "friends" section. If you want to add me my user name is inle_rabbit.

Other than that!

I currently weight in at 136.7 lbs according to my scale. I want to bring that down into the 120's somewhere at the very least. More importantly for me is losing this belly I have. It's like my ab muscles just disappeared after I had my kids.

My biggest weakness is Sonic cheese sticks and Pepsi. Both of which I had today. Sonic is easier for me to avoid than Pepsi is. I get the 2:30 drowsy feeling every day and use the caffeine to perk me back up. I tried to switch to chai tea lattes once only to learn they have 20 more calories than a can of Pepsi! It was a dark and sad day for me.

Today I walked circles around the playscape at the park while my kids played. I walked for a little over an hour. The kids got to play and I got to walk circles it felt like a win/win. The weather here in Texas has been amazing! It was 80 and sunny today; in fact I still have the windows open because the outside air still feels nice.

It is suppose to be in the 80s tomorrow as well, if it is the littlest one and I will probably go for a walk. I’m getting over a cold right now so anything like running or biking will probably choke me. I can’t breathe through my poor nose.

the weather sucks in ohio right know XD its snowing.. im hating your right know XD hate isn't the right word more like i wish i was you XD

You wont be wishing you were me when Texas is having 100 days over 100 degrees again this summer. Talk about sucky...

id rather be in air conditioning then a under heated always cold house XD but i cant complain cuz i don't have to pay the bills XD have your tried diet Pepsi?

Hello,

so i just got home XD todays friday so i didnt go to the gym. right know im eating my 3rd meal of today and am playing with the piggies, im craving a apple too so i think i might eat one latter for a snack :) i was thinking today about the race for the cure today, its a race in ohio all beifits from it go to the resurch for brest cancer and me and my mom do it every year. but we ever do the full 5K walk and i think thats gunna be my goal, i wanna walk the full 5K. thats all i really have to say about my day XD have fun and stay strong!

NICE! I didn't know about the MFP app. Boy I wish I didn't have an old dumb phone. My goal is to get a smart phone summer 2013 because I have broken and replaced 3 phones is almost 2 years so me, and both my parents have to suffer with our current phones as I used their phone credits to get new ones.

The thing with MFP is they give you 1200 calories if you are a complete lump not moving 23 hours in a day. If you walk to work, go up a flight of stairs, do light cleaning, do food prep etc... you can add those in as exercises and then your total calorie count for the day goes up too.
I'm 30 calories over my count for the day and its only 5pm. Haha I'm also over on my protein, sodium and sugar... Grrr Its my weakness for international delight chocolate creamer. I measured it this morning and I put 1/2 a cup (8Tbs) in 2 cups of coffee. Fortionately I don't drink more than 2-4 cups of coffee in a day. But today I reduced it down to 5 Tbs so thats a start. I hate the taste of black coffee but I need the caffeine. To be fair its only 1/2 caff because full caff makes my heart race and my hands too gittery. same with caff pills and drinks. I was caff free for almost 2 years but with the very cold winter and my physical theripy, getting my kids off at 7:30 am. I NEED to be fully functional by 7am and I am NOT a morning person at all.

I've exercised 20 minutes today but can't do much more as my butt from the seat HURTS! haha its so used to sitting on the soft couch all day not a semi hard bike seat. I'm gonna try 10 minutes later after the boys are in bed. I'm also going to avoid the candy again but its hard... All I have been thinking about is my kids pepper mint patties.

One of the other issues with eating is I'm a thrift freak and I feel terribly guilty throwing away food. I did package up 7 grocery bags of unopened food that we are not going to (or shouldn't eat) and listed them on CL for free. We are pretty poor as well so all I see is money flying out the window when I throw away food.

I was pretty exhaused today from my physical theripy so I laid on the couch with my 3 year old for 3 hours and dozed with him. I havn't done much food prep or cleaning either so its been a pretty lazy day.

I'm totally a closet eater too. After my kids go to bed my box of junk food comes out. Its not so much a will of not eating all the candy its that we simply have too much for me to eat in one time. We have about 30lbs of halloween, birthday, christmas, because it was on sale and cravings candy. It fills a bankers box and is kept in my room where the kids cannot get at it (its the only place in the whole house they cannot get it). I have a very hard time avoiding mc donalds fries and my fav's when they are on sale at the store...

Inel... I'm in about the same boat for weight loss and stuff. I have a bit of belly fat but more importantly my butt has gotten HUGE! I was a size 1-3 before my 2nd son now I am a size 9. I have never been this heavy and its reaking havoc on my bad knee and hip and neck and back. I'm also sitting too much but I love my tv shows. Now I can exercise while watching my favorite shows and I don't have to leave my home. I have agoraphobia as well so I have difficulties leaving my home in the first place. Which is why jogging/biking outside has never been attainable. Now that my oldest is in kindergarden his school is a mile away and they dont ride the bus if they are under 1 mile away so I'm running my car for 4 miles a day. I am going to be getting/buying a bike to get him to school in the mornings when its above 40 degrees and no snow or rain. I actutally cannot wait to get a bike again. I hope my phobias don't creep up. I was run over by a car when I was 12 riding my bike and injured my legs/knees pretty bad. I have only been on a bike a handful of times in the last 17 years since. OMG its been 17 years since my accident I feel old now... Hehe where's my candy? lol just kidding.

But I'm gonna get off my butt and do some cleaning, reading to the boys and streching...
Nite all

Today has been an alright day.

Food: I didn't eat very healthy but I blame my husband for bring home China Cafe chicken lo mien for lunch when I was planning a nice big green salad. I did not have any Pepsi today. It helps that I didn't buy any at the store when I went. Now I have a horrible headache and I'm tired. I'm trying to tell myself the headache and tiredness is because of the cold but I really think it is caffeine withdraw. It is my biggest food vice. Normally we are an all natural borderline organic household except for Pepsi and the occasional Reece's.

Exercise: My husband and I took the kids on a bike ride to the disk golf course this afternoon. (it was 80 again here) We played a few holes of disk golf, threw rocks in a river then rode the bikes back to the play park. The kids played for about 20 minutes and hubby and I just sat and watched. Ha! We can be quite lame sometimes.

Weight: I weighed myself this morning before breakfast and I was 133.6. Yesterday's weight was an end of day weighing.

Tomorrow should be interesting. It's my husband's birthday so I'm pretty sure any food goals are going to be blown out of the water. I am not going to drink Pepsi though. To give up that addiction I must do it cold turkey! We are going to go disk golfing again with some friends tomorrow so I'll at least get some exercise in.

Keep up the good work guys! I’m enjoying reading the updates and I am glad that someone else is reading mine. =D

I am a really bad bed time snack person. Today I am trying to eat less during the day so I have a few extra calories closer to snacking time I mean bedtime. I crave something salty then I need something sweet and I usually cannot stop once I open the bag. I gotta eat until I am full.

To get me to drink more water I have been doing a little squirt of MIO liquid water enhancer. It has no calories or anything in it and it hides the nasty tastes in my water. I cannot afford nor do I want the waste of bottled water (plus after 25+ years of the same cities well water even bottled water tastes "funny"). Coffee for caffeine is a good way. Black coffee is zero cal. Unfortionately I like mine really really sweet. I have been trying to reduce the amount every day just a bit so I can get some of those cals and sugar out of my diet. Its probably more than one pepsi. I've cut out soda a year ago but have made up for it in hersey's chocolate creamer! Hehe

By the thrifty thing I meant that when I see a bag of food shelf food sitting my my apt dumpster I have a hard time NOT taking it home. We are always having issues affording food mostly because my kids eat $70 of produce a week so I eat the cheap junk so they can eat the good stuff. My youngest also get WIC and that has a lot of junk in it too... TONS of juice and I LOVE juice!!! I can drink a whole 1/2 gal of orange juice in one day. Since its WIC we are not allowed to get the low fat/low cal/low sugar/low salt NOTHING...

I've only eaten 1/2 my calories for the day (better than this time yesterday where I had eaten all of them) I'm also going to get on my bike after this post and get out some more calories. I am SOOO hungry right now. I am craving something cheezy to eat. Only 8 more hours until bedtime... Grrr

If anyone else is on myfitnesspal my username is xealia add me if you want!!!

It really is great to have a diet buddy when you have someone to do it with. And also, it will help if you don't put a number to what you want to lose. I mean, you should not say that you need to lose 20 pounds or whatever because chances are, you are going to fail from it. You should make it a lifestyle so you don't have to worry about getting to your goal weight but rather go down from it freely.

Today actually didn’t go too bad. We played disk golf with friends and then went out to eat. I had grilled scallops! I ❤️ scallops! My husband turned 29 today, one year away from the big 3-0. Lol That way pretty much the day. Now to clean the kitchen and then snuggle some guinea pigs before bed time. :cheerful:

The dog joined in the fun too!

Last edited:
I feel bad about the piggies and my neglected apt. I've been so dizzy, tired and migrainy from my Physical Theripy, my different food choices and riding my bike that I haven't been able to do much. Now my oldest doesn't have school until Thursday so yeah I will get only 4 hours on thursday to myself. Hehe well not really because I have PT and a doctors appt on that morning. I'm dying to go to bed to night so I guess I'll get going. My neck is feeling MUCH better from the PT. My hip definately needs some PT but because of how bad my neck was trying to PT my hip would hurt my neck. So one thing at a time. Hopefully by summer I will be painfree and ready for bathing suit season.

I desperately need a new one do you think its bad luck (or a bad idea) to buy the size I hope to be in the summer? Well at least the next size down? A large to a med or something?

It was a pretty good day in regards to hunger. I've been in a lot of pain with my neck though. I also have not been able to exercise today. I am hoping to get 30 mins in after the boys go to bed. I also dozed/napped with my youngest for about 3 hours this afternoon. Wasn't very refreshing but had some very disturbing dreams about my social issues.

Hope everyone else is doing good on their lifestyle changes. If anyone wants to add me on Myfitnesspal my user name is xealia.

Any help??? For my snack tonight I need something low calorie (less than 170 calories) that has 12 grams of fiber, no sugar, no protein, and no fat. Yeah I cant think of anything but hay too. Haha

On the plus side my fat jeans today were a bit loose! Yeah!

Popcorn! 1 cup (popped) has like 50 calories in it.

Today is out the window. Wow. There is nothing like a venison back strap stuffed with cream cheese, over butter and chicken rice with butter and garlic sauteed green beans on the side. Add to that a bit of slow smoked chicken and a nice oaky red wine, chocolate home made ice cream for desert and good company. I'm over my calorie limit by like 1000 but this was not a dinner to be "on a diet" for. lol. No exercise either unless throwing logs on a slow fire counts. Oh well, tomorrow is Monday and time to get back at it!

I had popcorn the other day. I could NOT eat it without 1/2 a stick of butter though. Hehe

I ended up having some high fiber oatmeal that I bought the other day as a healthy snack. It was ok but I didn't have any of my milk just the boys soy milk.

Uggg its so much harder to exercise with the boys home all day... I have been exhaused from lack of usual calories these last few days too. Grrrr All I think about all day is food and its frustrating...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.