Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Keeping Cool Excersise: Brief Swimming?

• Thread starter lillypearlandme
  • Start date

lillypearlandme

Cavy Slave
G'day all,
Elle here! I know the fact that guinea pigs are quite good swimmers, allthough they don't do it much themselves unless they like it. I have tested one of my pigs in water before, up to about her legs, maybe a bit more, and sat with her while she wandered around. My pigs get their daily exersize, running up and down their ramp, squealing and having fun, but I like to cool them down on hot days. Has anyone ever taken their pigs swimming? If it is medically okay, I might do that today with my water tolerant pig. I know not to wet their ears, and only put in a sufficent amout (Just enough for them to swim in, holding their heads up they can touch (Yes, I'm a weird nutter and have measured my pigs height many times before o_O) and I will sit in there with her so she can scuttle onto my hands or feet if she wants to.

Thanks for your help,
Elle ;)

I take my pigs for a swim in the bath all the time. Mine seem to love it. :)
I'm guessing its ok aslong as you dont wet their ears, Aslong as they live it i guess

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.