Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Ever Had One of Those Days?

Blog entry from old forum

Res Judicata

Cavy Slave
Of course you have. I am asking for no apparent reason other than to have a title for my blog entry. So, I went out of town, made a visit to a friend of mine and was heading back when the car broke down. Serpentine belt was shredded and one of the pulleys holding it seized up and melted. This happened near a small town two hours into my six-hour trip. Oh yay. The place only accepts cash and of course I do not carry around large amounts of cash when I travel. Or any time for that matter. And on top of it, being MKJ Jr. Day, there are no banks open so that Intrepid could wire me funds. Must wait until tomorrow. I have no credit card right now to get a hotel room, either. The interest rates just went too high and the fees too ridiculous for us to be paying. We are looking for something, but doing without right now. So, I am staying with Prolixity for the night. Intrepid is not amused -- not only am I about two hours away from my car right now, I have to spend yet another night away from home. And that is two hours more on to my trip (again). Furthermore, Intrepid does not like handling the kids by himself. So, I am going to hear about it when I get back. Like it was my fault the car decided to break.

cherrytop108

Cavy Slave
OHHHH my gosh!! that sounds horrible! I thought i was having a bad day--well i'll pray really hard everything turns out okay-ish. For now i hope you'll be okay=]

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Well I hope it all turns around and gets better. I think these types of situations make for good stories later.

Res Judicata

Cavy Slave
And today the car is still being worked on. Last night I was entertained by Prolixity's son, who is a 12-year-old with an encyclopedia in his head. Then after he went to bed, we sat and talked about all the stupid things we did in college and ended up laughing so hard tears were coming down my face and Prolixity was bright red. I did not sleep well because I never sleep well if I am not in my own bed. Hopefully I can get home today. The kids are missing me and Intrepid never has been comfortable with me being away from home by myself. Or with me being best friends with a guy, even though he knows very well Prolixity is like a big brother to me.