Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

escapee hamster..

Alana Tudhope

Cavy Slave
I have yet to fiqure out how a hamster escaped from a plastic cage.. that has no holes in it.. something blocking the door ways and no one heard him... i swear he better be glad hes cute or he would be in serious trouble by now lol

It's amazing what some animals can do. Not sure how he/she got out either, but if it happens again you should give him/her a good, stern talking to...LOL

We pet sat a rat recently and she was very clever at finding ways of escaping! If their heads can get through then the body can follow, was the advice I was given.

I had a hamster a couple of years ago, she was always finding ways out of her cage. Almost every single time she got out my dad was the one that found her, we called him the hamster whisperer! lol

I had a hamster a few years ago that escaped from his superpet constantly... I could never figure out how, since there wasn't any holes in it and it was in a 12 inch tall box, until one day I saw him open the door to his cage, close it, then climb up the bars and jump out of the box :eye-poppi. All things considered, he was a pretty amazing hamster, and sometimes it would take over a month to find him, and he was all fat from eating the crackers in the pantry X) . Piggies are a lot better about that, and when I made Leo's C&C cage I was pleasantly surprised to find that no, he did not escape from an open top cage in the first week.

We had a pet mouse when I was a kid that could squeeze out between the bars of his cage, eat out of the box of food we had for him and squeeze back into his cage when he was finished.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.