Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

End of World=2012?

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Who believes this? Who's seen the movie? I don't, just curious as to the forum's member's standpoints on this...

Nope. Even Mayans don't believe in this, it's also been proven that people misunderstood the Mayan calendar, it ended in 2012 because... they ran out of space. Or something like that. I've seen the movie, didn't really like it. But it did give me nightmares for a few months :p

The Mayans also did not take into account leap years which were established well after the 2012 doomsday Mayan calendar was created. So even if they were right on the money, leap years tossed into the mix would throw that date off by quite a bit, considering how many we've had since they started.

My mom's family is Mayan and they don't believe in it at all. It's like when our calendar comes to and end, you just start over again.
As for the movie, I saw in theaters and I can tell you, up until that point, I'd never eaten a whole bucket of popcorn by myself.:eek:

I saw in theaters and I can tell you, up until that point, I'd never eaten a whole bucket of popcorn by myself.:eek:

I didnt see the movie but to me it looked like every other apocalyptic, large scale, natural disaster movie (i.e. Day After Tomorrow)

You didn't miss out. The only redeemable part of the movie, I think, were the special effects. Thankfully, all I paid for was my popcorn.

It is completely untrue. We are entering a new age in 2012. We have been in a evil age for thousands of year, the age was called Motherly Love. Motherly Love has caused many natural disasters and wars. But, we are entering the age of Flowers & Love. This age is supposed bring the world together, without fighting but we, the people have to take part in it too.

Lol yeah the end of the calender is just like the 1999->2000 change over. Just on a biger scale. Nothing happened on Y2K so i dont see why thats any diffrent. Plus like Cavymama said, taking into account leapyears and other such things, it may have already happened. XD

I think the Mayans just ran out of room on the stone, and there's another one buried somewhere that starts in 2013. ;)

It is completely untrue. We are entering a new age in 2012. We have been in a evil age for thousands of year, the age was called Motherly Love. Motherly Love has caused many natural disasters and wars. But, we are entering the age of Flowers & Love. This age is supposed bring the world together, without fighting but we, the people have to take part in it too.
This actually made me chuckle! Ha.

I think there's more likely to be a financial disaster/catastrophe, something like the American dollar being devalued, than a meteor or asteroid hitting the earth, but I don't necessarily think that'll happen in 2012.

This reminds me of something I posted on facebook.
[GuineaPigCages.com] End of World=2012?

The world is eventually going to end, but not for a very long time. Our sun won't degredate anytime soon, the milky way is going to collide with andromeda, humans could destroy the planet beyond repair, an astroid could hit us, a black hole could suck us in. We'll be aware of these things happening,though. The world isn't just going to randomly end and take everyone by surprise.

And on the astroid thing. Astroids have to pass tons of stuff. We have gas giants and an astroid belt. Only small things really make it through.

Thanks guys, you've actually made me feel a lot better as this was kind of scaring me.

lol @Cavyness , that picture is HILARIOUS!!! :D

And I 100% agree with @CavyMama about the movie, it was pretty cliche. It did give me nightmares though as @pandaloki said. :eek:

I do not believe that 2012 is the end of the world ONE BIT. Nobody can predict when the world is going to end.

2013 can never come, and here's why:
[GuineaPigCages.com] End of World=2012?

BRING IT ON!!!
I personally do not believe in the world ending. But if it is going to end, oh well.
I really dont care for the whole "oh the world is going to end!!!" carp. Live your life and enjoy it. your going to die at some point anyhow :p

Probably not, I just tell people that so they won't worry! Some of them believe it, and they don't worry a lot.

BRING IT ON!!!
I personally do not believe in the world ending. But if it is going to end, oh well.
I really dont care for the whole "oh the world is going to end!!!" carp. Live your life and enjoy it. your going to die at some point anyhow :p

The realization that you will die someday is terrifying lol.

I hope you all live your lives to a ripe old age! Wear sunscreen and eat veggies! :crazy:

I just about had a heart attack! I thought Microsoft was going to stop making word. Don't do that to me! I'm not sure I could survive. It was hard enough living thought the vista-facation of it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.