Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Alternatives Elmer's Corrugated Board... would it work?

ashleyford

Cavy Slave
Elmer's Corrugated Display White Board - Walmart.com

I have been thinking of these, they are easy to find, and easy to cut. The one side is corrugated plastic, so it should hold up as well, right? I was thinking of covering it with contact paper (shelf liner, I already have a bunch) to ensure it stays easy to clean ect.

Anyone else think this would work and is a good idea? It's fairly cheap and I know where to find it immediately.

Isn't that paper? If so, wouldn't the pee soak through it?

Isn't that foam Dee? Doesn't it soak up pee? I'd think if any got through to this or what Ashley suggested that it'd soak up the pee and retain the stank smell <shrug>

I have used these in my classroom, they are completely cardboard. Yes, they are corrugated but no moreso than a regular cardboard box. It would not work for the base of a cage.

Yes, they are foam core and will soak up pee. I use a plastic table cloth over it to avoid that.

A little late. I used a large packing box and cut it to size. Before I taped it into a box form, I used spray glue and glued a shower liner to it. The excess shower liner I glued to the back. I then folded up the cardboard to make the box with duck tape. It is a cardboard box permanently covered in plastic. I did however make a bottom to the cage. This way I can move it where ever I want and not have to worry about the box coming apart.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.