Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Edmonton and Area: Hay supplier

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
Today I went to meet a lovely old man named Ben. I found an ad on kijiji offering a timothy, brome and orchard grass hay mix with "a small amount of alfalfa". Normally I skip ads like that because of the alfalfa, but something about it made me want to check it out. So I email him and asked how much alfalfa is in the bale? Like 5%?

He told me less than that, if any at all, so to be safe lets say there is 1% in the whole bale, which is 60lbs!

I asked how green it was, if it had a lot of stem, all the typical questions. His reply was: "Its the best I have seen in the Edmonton area in years. If you don't believe me come take a look yourself." So a friend and I did. We bought one bale each as soon as we saw it. ITS AMAZING!

I asked him if I can pass on his email to other piggie owners and he said sure. If you want it just pm me and I will be happy to share it with you. I don't feel comfortable posting it, spam and all that. Here is a photo of the some of the hay :D .

DSCF1127

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Looks like the local hay I get. Its not KM's hay but it is very much preferred over oxbow!